FOR SALE - 1995 M 2.0S (121521 miles) Photos added

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

kennymac
Started learning about 480
Location: In the poor hoose due to cash hemoraging from bank to Isuzu Trooper!!!!

FOR SALE - 1995 M 2.0S (121521 miles) Photos added

Post by kennymac » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Just testing the water for now as its currently SORNed and out of MOT.
Basically sound, needs a little tidying up. Iv'e fitted ES alloys, info centre and front fogs. Good tyres and everything works (to the best of my recollection).
Last edited by kennymac on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y reg mk1 XR2 - braw fun, now departed
H reg 480 ES Just Goes, now departed
M reg 480 2.0l S (Chassis No 592056) Even better, still going (for now)
Thinking about a turbo - it's all your fault, mind you, saw a black XR4i the other day...........

SteveR
480 Veteran

Post by SteveR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:31 pm

Some details would be good, location, MOT, price, info centre/gauges?,
Steve Robson
---------------
This was my K Reg 2L LtdEdn TwoTone - now sold
At Nurburgring (pic Suddy)

No longer a 480 owner :-(

kennymac
Location: In the poor hoose due to cash hemoraging from bank to Isuzu Trooper!!!!

Post by kennymac » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Haven't realy thought too much about price yet, as I said in the original posting though, the car is currently SORNed and out of MOT, my intention is (hopefully) to MOT it before sale as it shouldn't take much, but reasonable offers considered.
Otherwise:

Location - Ardrishaig, Argyll

Info Centre - Yes (fitted it myself with a slight modification) also spare set of clocks with Info Centre.

Gauges - Yes (Volts plus Oil preasure, no boost obviously)

Mileage - 121521

Body Condition - Essentially the body is in fairly good nick, it is needing some attention though - rust patches in the usual places - rear arches, some stone chips above the windscreen, but so far no holes that I am aware of. It does however have the usual scrapes and scratches on the bumpers due to the previous owners inability to judge where the corners are but I think they all end up that way, I know my last one was the same when I got it. Photo's here

The only reason I stopped using the car was because the Wife bought a Nissan Navarra and Her Trooper was more suitable for me as a daily driver to go to and from work/horses etc. So the car has been SORNed for roughly a year and kept in a garage all that time.

Unfortunately the car is in my Mother-in-Laws garage, so will need to go and get the it out and take some pic's, check mileage etc. Hope to do that within the next couple of days as I'm off work on sick (just had a cyst removed from my elbow today and can't drive due to the stitches)

Basically it's an honest enough wee car that deserves to be used, not sitting in a garage, and unfortunately I don't realy have the time to do what I would originally have liked to i.e. a rolling restoration.
Last edited by kennymac on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking about a turbo - it's all your fault, mind you, saw a black XR4i the other day...........

SteveR
480 Veteran

480 for sale

Post by SteveR » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm

is a tad far for a non roadwoerthy 480. Shame.

Unless I visit my piece of land (as a laird) in Achosnich I am unlikely to tread so far north.

PS I see that ref to your instruments is below a post of mine!

Many thanks for reply
Steve
Steve Robson
---------------
This was my K Reg 2L LtdEdn TwoTone - now sold
At Nurburgring (pic Suddy)

No longer a 480 owner :-(

kennymac

Re: 480 for sale

Post by kennymac » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:15 pm

SteveR wrote:
is a tad far for a non roadwoerthy 480. Shame.

Unless I visit my piece of land (as a laird) in Achosnich I am unlikely to tread so far north.

PS I see that ref to your instruments is below a post of mine!

Many thanks for reply
Steve
Yeah, it is a bit far for you right enough, hadn't notice your post above mine re the instruments either. No probs for the reply, your query made me actually sit and write out a better description of the car than my original posting - so thanks for that.

Kenny

kennymac

Post by kennymac » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:35 pm

OK folks, bad news (for me that is) :cry: When checking the brakes the other day prior to booking the 480 in for an MOT, i found a leaking brake pipe (BU**ER!), went to replace the brake pipe yesterday, found a small hole in the inner sill - big enough to poke your finger in (just) - but a hole just the same (BU**ER BU**ER) :cry: :cry: . So as a result I have decided to sell the car as is. Offers? :(