FOR SALE - 480GT Metallic Red 94 M Reg (PICS ADDED) EBAY NOW

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

default_user
Knows where Volvo is from

FOR SALE - 480GT Metallic Red 94 M Reg (PICS ADDED) EBAY NOW

Post by default_user » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:05 pm

The car is now on ebay with £100 start and no reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0105476412

OK. I have now decided the time has come to get rid. Unfortunately, 480 ownership is not for me.

Check my recent posts for pics of the car. Detailed pics can be e-mailed at request.

Some details:

MoT: Sep 07
Tax: Aug 07
126,000 (and something) miles indicated.

Bodywork
The bodywork is mainly in good order but both rear arches are bubbling and there is a hole in the boot floor that needs welding. There is no rust on the doors. The rear bumper has a very small crack on the drivers side arch. There is a scuff mark on the front bumper on the drivers side. The rear hatch rams are almost at the end of their useful life. They only just hold up the tailgate and are easily upset. The drivers side door stay bar is loose and does not hold the door open.
It has a carbon fibre front spoiler.

Interior
It has the zany GT multicoloured leather interior but the bright colours are quite faded so it's almost like normal leather now. The front seats are quite worn but the leather is supple with no tears or holes. The drivers side seat reach adjustment handle is adrift on one side. Reach operation is not affected. The seat belt holders at the top are both broken. There is a tear in the carpet on the back of one of the rear seats. The door card inserts on both doors (multicoloured bits) have some fixings missing so are loose at the rear of the doors. Volvo front and rear plastic floor mats are included, as is a load cover (not the roller blind type). The rear clusters are sealed and do not leak. There is a small leak from the bottom of the passenger side rear window. The boot lock appears to be seized. I have never needed to use it anyway as you can release the boot from inside the car.

Electrics
Fortunately most of the important stuff is fully working. If I have not mentioned it in the following list then it IS working. This is a list of what is not working:
Central locking (I have mechanically and electrically isolated it on the passenger door because the stereo was interfering with it).
Heated seats.
Engine temp sensor (trip computer always reports engine temp as cold)
Oil pressure gauge (when ignition turned on it always reads max).
Electric aerial (permanently stuck in the extended position).
Front speakers.
Air conditioning (does not blow cold, probably just needs a recharge).
Speedometer. This seems to have a mind of it's own and only works when it feels like it so the mileage reading will be inaccurate. It may be that the speed sensor is not working properly as there is no problem with the rest of the dash.

Mechanical
There is a bad oil leak from the engine (but it's going to be cleaned next week so i can try to find where it's coming from) which means there is rather a lot of oil on the underside of the car and it leaves it's mark wherever you park it.
The rear drivers side caliper binds on the handbrake mechanism so I have slackened off the handbrake cables in the short term to prevent excessive pad wear. I have three spare calipers and a pair of rear disks to be included in the sale if I don't get round to changing them before it's sold. The rear suspension is a bit 'floaty'. Probably needs new shocks.
Sometimes the engine will hunt for idle for a few seconds after hard driving when slowing down for junctions etc. Probably just the idle control valve.

General
Despite the problems this car has it is still quite nice to drive and is reliable and comfortable and generally solid. Since I bought it I have fitted new:
Both front springs.
Camshaft oil seal at distributor end.
Brake pads all round.
Exhaust rear silencer box.
Handbrake cable (the other one was new at purchase)
Alternator drive belt (the alternator was also new at purchase).

The tyres all have a good amount of tread left. The engine always starts first time and is rattle free with a nice smooth, quiet idle. It pulls very well in all gears and gear changes are smooth and easy. There is a patchy service history up to about 100,000 miles and the original owners handbook is present and correct.

It's a GT! This designation seems to confer some sort of aura of specialness on the vehicle and means that it has the much sought after cross spoke alloys.

This car is worth more in parts than it is complete in it's current condition and would make a good investment for someone with the space to keep it. Conversley, anyone prepared to spend the required amount of time and money on the car would have themselves a good example of the breed. I might have followed either path had I not had other projects and a distinct lack of space. Because it's my current daily driver I don't have the time or inclination to spend all my free time sorting it out. I need something more sensible and economical for the daily commute so I have decided to step down from 480 ownership completely.

Spares included:
Pair of rear calipers and disks (2nd hand but disks nearly new).
Another drivers side rear caliper.
Clear front cluster (drivers side)

All offers entertained. Viewing/test driving is welcome and more detailed pics can be supplied on request. If no interest is shown here it will end up on the 'bay. I think I have covered everything but if anything else comes to mind I'll add it later.

Please drop me a PM if interested.
Last edited by default_user on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

default_user

Bump.

Post by default_user » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:01 am

Pics now added and description slightly revised.

default_user

Bump again.

Post by default_user » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Now on eBay.