2.0i TT for sale

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

WillC9303
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

2.0i TT for sale

Post by WillC9303 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:43 pm

Hi everyone, just found this on eBay and thought I'd share considering it's the exact spec and engine combo as mine.
16 TT's left, of which 5 of those are 2.0s.

Currently at 495 quid with a week to go. - I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

K541PMW
  • 86k miles
  • Some MOT left, however would most likely need freshening up to pass another.
  • Rear arches look good (for 480 standards anyway). Pictures aren't very good, but there looks to be some slight blistering towards the lower arch/sill area.
  • DRL's faded to oblivion, taillights aren't much better, but don't appear cracked.
  • The little 'i' on the 2ltr badge had proudly followed tradition and gone on holiday, although the 'Limited Edition' badge on the other side is all there and in the right place! :shock:
  • Pop-ups described as 'lazy' - make of that what you will
  • Front spoiler seems to be good - even has the signature rust stain on it, which I believe I caused by the towing eye just above.
  • Speedo 'playing up' so replaced with an electronic fuel gauge.
  • Driver's seat bolster is in really good shape, general interior condition is excellent. Just missing the carpet mats unfortunately.
  • No mention of the Info centre, but I'd imagine it's dodgy at best (that is, if it works at all)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294988284099 ... SwSgdie1V9
William

1993 2.0i Limited Edition

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Re: 2.0i TT for sale

Post by MisterH » Thu May 19, 2022 9:21 pm

Will can I just say what an expert breakdown of that ad, you have fast become one of the most informed people on here!

I did see this one come up the other day, the quality of the photos suggest that the guy is a wannabe trader, but tbh, I don't think it is actually that bad. All the issues he has mentioned are ones I have had to deal with and know how to fix, so as long as it isn't rusty or else, It might be better than it looks...
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild

WillC9303

Post by WillC9303 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 pm

MisterH wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:21 pm
Will can I just say what an expert breakdown of that ad, you have fast become one of the most informed people on here!

I did see this one come up the other day, the quality of the photos suggest that the guy is a wannabe trader, but tbh, I don't think it is actually that bad. All the issues he has mentioned are ones I have had to deal with and know how to fix, so as long as it isn't rusty or else, It might be better than it looks...
Thanks! I’ll admit I’ve been doing an unhealthy amount of research on 480s, especially in the last few weeks when Josephine’s been in the shop and there’s a 480 sized empty space on the driveway :cry:
I recently joined the French, Dutch and Italian forums as well as the UK VOC forum, and they have provided lots of useful info (with the help of Google translate of course). I’ve also fallen down the rabbit hole of reading lots of brochure PDFs online as I’m too cheap to start my own collection. (Almost £30 for a two-page TT brochure was enough for me!)

As for the TT above, I believe it’s quite an honest car. Most of what I wrote was picking holes in it, but hasn’t been tarted up or even cleaned for that matter. In my books that’s a good sign, and in fact that’s how my car was presented when I first looked at it.
The sellers description was fairly matter-of-fact. I don’t think whoever buys this will have any nasty surprises with it. What you see is what you’ll most likely get. (But I suppose there’s always the rear bumper bar to contend with :lol:)
William

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Post by jifflemon » Fri May 20, 2022 6:06 am

WillC9303 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 pm
Most of what I wrote was picking holes in it, but hasn’t been tarted up or even cleaned for that matter. In my books that’s a good sign, and in fact that’s how my car was presented when I first looked at it.
Picking holes in adverts is an excellent thing to do; firstly it helps anyone less knowledgeable to be aware of faults before spending their hard earned cash.
More importantly though, it arms you with the knowledge to look at your own car in the same places.

As for this one; I’m going to suggest it’ll either get relisted after being messed about by a buyer, and then probably sold “off eBay” because he doesn’t want to be messed around.
The market is a funny place right now; on the surface it doesn’t seem too bad, but I could easily give you a £1000 of work to do to bring it up to a reliable car.

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Post by jifflemon » Fri May 20, 2022 12:39 pm

Just to add some minor points...
  • Seat - I *love* that angle that everyone uses to take a photo of the drivers seat - Nicely hides the spot where they wear. However, if you at the passenger side seat photo and look across to the drivers side, you can see definite signs of wear.
  • DRLS - Actually look to be clear pieces of Perspex stuffed over the missing originals
  • NSR arch looks to have a healthy sized dent in it.
  • Rearlights look to have been sealed in.
  • OSR sill end has been previously repaired (2019) so depending on how well, that'll be due to be done again!
  • Rear bumper bar was spotted in the 2013 MOT test and reported as "badly corroded" - Expect there to be nothing more than hopes and dreams by now.
Honestly, I'd be putting it the rescue category. Its going to need a fair old chunk of work to keep that one going.....

WillC9303

Post by WillC9303 » Sat May 28, 2022 1:45 pm

Sold for £770 last night (22 bids)

Seems about right for the problems that were mentioned here on earlier posts. I'd like to think that the new owner will take good care of it - I'd be miffed if I was to see this car being broken for parts on the FB group next week.

I guess the good news in that respect is that the Renault 5 mob only really care about the Turbos, so hopefully this one will be safe from that fate.
William