480GT for sale

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Richard Kenward
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

480GT for sale

Post by Richard Kenward » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 am

Guys sadly it is time for me to move on to a larger car and so my Volvo 480GT needs to go. It has been a great car for me and very reliable and the engine and gearbox are excellent, but without some welding etc it will not get through the MOT. Also needs a replacement brake pipe and a couple of ball joints for the anti roll bars. I simply do not have the time to deal with these things at the moment so it has to go to a new owner.
The car is based near Abergavenny in the UK.
110,029 miles
1994 registered
Two owners. 1st one 1994-2002. Me 2002-2014
LPG/petrol LPG range 250miles. LPG system is usually fine but could do with a tune up as it sometimes causes partial cut outs at the start of a run.
Colour Maroon/Burgundy
MOT ends 13th July 2014
Tax runs out at the end of June 2014
Hard wired sat NAV
Tyres are recent Mitchelin Energy tyres Front 7.5 Rears 7mm
Factory fitted alarm
Non smoker
Five gear manual box
Leather seats. Driver's is worn and needs some re-stitching. One rear seat
has slight damage.
Occasionally the headlights fail to rise but turning off the engine and tapping the fuse box sorts this out!
Has the rear side reflectors converted so that they light up in sync with the normal turn indicators for safer turning.
Engine temp readout not working reliably due to faulty sender on engine block.
New (quality) battery three months ago.
Tow bar and electrics.
Drivers door needs the restraint strap sorting.
Wheel arches are fine. The new side door has a small shallow depression.
and there is some peeling of the clear gloss coat mainly on some areas of the
near side of the car.
All the lights are fine with a little repair to one on the rear lights and a tiny hole in another, All the light covers front and rear have been replaced in the last four years so no fogging.
Rear wiper is not working.
Some welding work needed underneath car.
Car can be collected once I've transferred cherished number.
I'm open to sensible offers. Just for parts (especially the LPG system) this car has quite a value but I would rather it went intact to someone who can get the same enjoyment as I've had from this lowish mileage car. Sensible offers off list to me please at 01873 890670

Thanks

Richard
Over 20 years of 480 driving and still loving it! Present one is a Burgandy 480 GT 1994 108K miles and LPG converted and fitted with Tracker so it does not get 'nicked' again!