FOR SALE - 56,000 mile celebration £995

Cleaned up the garage, found parts laying around, but it turned out to be a complete Volvo 480? If you want to sell your car (480 only) you can place an advert here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

kinkersaab
480 Newbie

FOR SALE - 56,000 mile celebration £995

Post by kinkersaab » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:20 am

It is with great regret that the 480 is up for grabs. I have no room now as have aquired a Skoda rapid and an e28 bmw to go with my 2 classic saabs and my citroen xm. I bought the volvo in october with an indicated 52,000 miles and no mot. For the mot it needed replacment front subframe, new rear discs and pads, track rod ends, ball joints and centre and rear section of exhaust. I also did the timing belt and changed the oil.It has now covered just shy of 56,000 miles and has been perfect and has not let me down once! IT uses NO oil or water. This is the best 480 i have seen for a long long time. THe bodywork is finished in gleaming white and is as far i can see is totaly original with the exception of the top corner of the roof where there is ecidence of a tiny blow over no bigger than the size of a rich tea ! There has never been any welding and all is solid in the sills. The rear arches are amazing and have no corrosion showing on the flat if you look underthe lip there is some discolouration which develops between washes, but a rub with t- cut removes this. the front wings are 1st class also. The sides of the car are free from trolley dings etc. THe paint takes a lovely deep shine and is a pleasure to polish. The wheels are original and in excelent condition. The interior is again in first class order with little or no signs of wear. The leather is rip and tear free, and the interior smell fresh and dry. The rear screen demist works as it should as does the wiper except it doesnt park itself properly but if you time switching it off when its at the bottom its fine. The info cente works fine and the only thing is the temp reads cold (sensor?) THe car does not overheat and the fans kick in properly. All windows, mirrors ,central locking etc work fine. THe srs light is on but wasn't when i got it but i removed the wheel to re align it after having subframe, track rod ends etc replaced. I have a print out detailing how to reset it. There is no history with the car but i managed to track the original owner who kept it until 2002/3. He was very enthusiastic and believed it to be a genuine mileage,. He volunteered it had a new speedo head within a couple of weeks of him buying it new from volvo so at worst you could add a 1000 miles or so. His phone number and address is still written on the inside of the wheel centres should the buyer wish to contact him. ( make sure you are sitting comfortably with a cup of tea!) I would jump in and drive this car anywhere now, and only last week went from Aberden to leeds and back in 24 hrs. 700 miles averaged 36 mpg no probs what so ever. It is mot'd until 26 october and taxed until june. The car will be going on ebay in the next week or so. There are pics on here if you search for my posts ( my wife loaded them up for me then,I cant) The car is locateed in Aberdeen And if you wish to ask any questions just ask. Thanks for yopur interest, Lee. I could deliver to yorkshire as i have my grandparents car to bring up her within the next few weeks if that helps. 07803019376 01339884385 The car also has a genuine Volvo removable towbar with single electrics

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Bargain, wish i had space!!
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Roge1
Started learning about 480

Post by Roge1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey there,

Any recent pictures you could provide? I live in Grampian, though so far appear to be one of the few with a "non-white" 480!!

So you never know, i may make you an offer!??...

Roge1

kinkersaab
480 Newbie

Post by kinkersaab » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi, The pics are only4 months old. I work in Banchory and you can view the car whenever you like. I have just written up an ad for ebay and will be listing it on sunday pm with a buy it now of £1200. I will take £995 from a forum member. Please call me to discuss further. 07803019376, thanks Lee.

kinkersaab
480 Newbie

Post by kinkersaab » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

SOLD to the first person to view. I have recomended this place to him, so i am sure he will be along to introduce himself soon :)