Lincoln Meet 2006 ( September 15th - 17th )

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Shall we do it all again?

Yes please
71%
Depends on actual dates
25%
Nah been there done that thanks
4%

Total votes: 28

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by dragon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks to Wayne and Nikki for organising Lincsfest V2.0 - great organisation, great meet (ignoring the sadness that happened, but I'm not mentioning that anymore unless the people involved choose to mention it first).

Let's also not forget Stu for organising a cracking quiz on that first night - a really good idea and very well executed, even if I did only come second - still, not bad for someone who hasn't had a 480 on the road "properly" for 3 years! ;)

Was great to meet all the old hands and even greater to meet the new faces like Dan, Adam, Kev etc!

And thanks to all those who voted for me for the "best non-480 award" - Saffy and I are over the moon about having so many nice comments - always a but dodgy not taking a 480 to a 480 meet, but this year was something else.

Hope to have a 480 at a meet late on next year though... ;)
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

Rachel
480 Is my middle name

Post by Rachel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 pm

Well we all share the good and the bad on this forum, so here is a picture of Lucy after the weekend. :cryhard:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/ ... IM1626.jpg

The good thing is that we all were unhurt, and were surrounded by people who showed us great kindness and support.....you are a great bunch! :hopping:
'95 Storm Grey 323 Manual Turbo, Richmod
----------------------------------------------------------
'95 Flame Red Celeb, Nos.191, 2 litre, LPG, used to be Adams ;) SOLD
'95 Vase Green Turbo~ Vanessa~ 'Serendipity' manual, Richmod. RIP
'90 Light Blue 480 Turbo auto....RIP
'68 VW Type 3 1.6 auto Lotus White,Swedish import. SOLD
Audi 80 coupe Gold...pimp my ride! RIP
'76 Bug, Ocean Blue, lowered, Empi wheels.RIP
'72 Bay window VW Camper 1600 twinport. Sold

Sophie
480 Is my middle name

Post by Sophie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:39 pm

Shame for your 480 Rachel :cry: is she repairable ? I'm sure we can all get together to help you find real cheap parts and repaint if needed.

As you said, good that no one is hurt, except your feelings. :cry:
480 Turbo > 1989 Graphite Grey
MR2 MK1 > 1989...
[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/cosworth/la_team-bordelaise/Sophie.gif[/img]

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 am

@Rachel: I heard from Adam what happened, real glad to find that everyone came out all right (sadly not the car). It's such a special and beautiful colour, I hope she can and will be saved! For now: good luck overcoming the shock.
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

stu chacks
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by stu chacks » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:11 am

So glad you and the kids are okay Rachael. Was a shock for everyone to see something like that happen, especially with 2 little ones in the back.

Hope your back in a 480 soon!

Stu.

LASEROWL

Post by LASEROWL » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:15 pm

@ Rachel

So glad the Kids, Martin, and You are ok, look forward to seeing you back in a 480 again soon.

@ All

Thanks for attending and making Lincs 2006 a great Meet. Its good seeing all the old faces and meeting new ones.

Best Non 480 at the Meet.........
Saffey V70R AWD owner Dragon aka Gaz

Best 480 at the Meet...............

3rd Place Richmann1
2nd Place Bear
1st Place Dan the 480 Man

Treasure Hunt

With 13/13 and the nearest guess to sweets in tub.....
1st Prize Mrs Agwa Moose

With 12/13 and the nearest guess to sweets in tub.....
2nd Prize Macaroon

With 10/13 and the nearest guess to sweets in tub.....
3rd Prize Mrs VBB

Nearest Guess to sweets in tub.......MHUK

No prize but special mention for Suddy who managed 6/13
without even been here for the trip to Ingoldmells

Will get pics online as soon as poss.
Special Thx to Nikki, Chelle & Lee for all the help with organising
Stu for a gr8 quiz and Mal for letting us invade his Pub/Campsite again

Thanks for the Bubbly too, was a nice suprise....
Till next time

Wayne :D
1994 480ES 2.0l White.....Mechanically restored,Full Hausser Kit fitted..possibly for sale. NOW SOLD..on route to Hungary for T4 transplant!!!
2012 Fiat 500 Twin Air.....Italian style.
Previous - 1992 480ES 1.7l Lavendel Metallic
- 1991 480ES Paris Edition
- 1991 480 SE Paris Blue Edition 52 Reg
- 1998 S80 SE T6...272BHP

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v186/LASEROWL/

Macaroon
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Macaroon » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Hey all,

Just got back to Brixton last night - and its nothing like Lincoln, I can tell you. (No JT, I didn't get lost this time, I took the scenic route home)

Just wanted to say Hi to all and thanks to the Owls, Lee and Gaz for making it such a cracking weekend. It was my first ever meet and I really didn't know what to expect but you turned out to be a fantastic bunch of likeminded nutters. When's the next one? :D

It was great to put faces to the names and names to the IDs. Special shout-outs go to: JT for inflicting Turbo envy on me (and rescinding my boyscout Map Reading badge), the Mooses for being even more bonkers than I am (not to mention fettling my clutch), Stu Chacks for being the first person to welcome me (despite the disapppointing lack of Hot Pot), Suddy for looking like Steve Davis (but being far more entertaining), Joolz for being an all round top bird (and showing off her shiny PUS), Sophie for coming over, even sans Océane (and not minding when JT and I led you & Vins astray) and finally, the gerbils for keeping us entertained.

@Rachel: Glad, you all came out of it OK. Life and health are precious, everything else can be replaced or welded.

And finally, to the Sunday night survivors: that was beyond surreal. :bla: I laughed so hard, I still havent got my voice back.

Turns out, I didn't just buy the best car in the world but also the car driven by best people. :hopping:

Pics to follow.
Tonee: '93 Two Tone. High mileage but nice 'n' tidy.
Sheba: '91 ES Paris Special. Love that leather, baby. Scrapped and used as a spares car.

Loki
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Loki » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm

@Rachel ive just been looking on ebay and found a white 480 es. years MOT the item number is - 190033604061 if your interested. You'll have 2 get some cleaning tips off Don the 480 man tho :lol:

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:40 am

Just one problem there James, once you go Turbo you never go back

2001 V70

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:15 am

Not always true Ad, look at me! You sure miss 'em though! :cry:

Nice turquouise '95 turbo on Autotrader atm £1,200 or older one on ebay for a few hundred atm, looks very tidy, but looks like needs $$$ reading between the lines.

@Macaroon - Sorry amigo, forgot all about the hotpot, if your ever over in the NW drop me a line and come over, Sue's a whizz cook :D

Stu.

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi,

I have been keeping myself low key on the forum for a long time now. I did lose my 480 ways and Vader being root of all evil cut me down to the point of not wanting to even work on any. Rachel showed me the 480 way by having a decent 480 which last weekend I drove and then crashed into a wall which had a massive negative on us :cryhard: . I had so many bad feelings since that moment.

That day could have been so much worse and I’m very aware of what that means. Thank god the Kids and Rachel are OK :D . How I am does not matter. I said how sorry I am and tomorrow I will be buying a 1995 Turbo :volvo: for Rachel (get ready for pics!) It’s happened and we are moving on and I learnt a hard lesson. There is more to it then buying another 480 and I know about it.

I should have done things differently that day but I was shit scared and angry at myself which is no excuse. I should have been with Rachel and the boys. I know what I was that day and I don’t like what I saw.

Lucy the really special 480 will live on in parts but it’s not the way we wanted things to be but giving others a chance to solve there 480 problems give us a some sort of feeling. :o

My thanks go out to the forum members who really are friends :cheers: (and some new friends) and they showed so much kindness and thought. If I missed anyone in my personal thanks pm/emails then let me know.

Rachel and I are slowly making things better and I want to keep that. Rachel and the boys are very special to me 8) . I had hoped everyone would see that over the unhappy weekend. Those people who know me in person will know how happy I have been since returning from New Zealand because things started and I hope to continue well.

It’s about so much more then a 480, I’m sure you all understand.

Thanks everyone, your great! :angel:

Martin

LASEROWL

Post by LASEROWL » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:12 pm

@MHUK

So glad your working things out m8.
Takes a lot for someone to admit they were wrong or at fault,
and for that you should be admired.

Our best wishes to you all, and good luck with the new 480. :volvo:

Wayne & Nikki
1994 480ES 2.0l White.....Mechanically restored,Full Hausser Kit fitted..possibly for sale. NOW SOLD..on route to Hungary for T4 transplant!!!
2012 Fiat 500 Twin Air.....Italian style.
Previous - 1992 480ES 1.7l Lavendel Metallic
- 1991 480ES Paris Edition
- 1991 480 SE Paris Blue Edition 52 Reg
- 1998 S80 SE T6...272BHP

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v186/LASEROWL/

Rachel
480 Is my middle name

Post by Rachel » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:30 pm

Thank you all for the kind comments and also for the leads on possible 480's. Yes it is true, once you've had turbo, you can't go back!! I hope the 480 we are off to see tomorrow will be the one. I hate to see my Lucy sat there, so if anyone needs bits and pieces please do not hesitate to ask ;)

@ Mart, nice to see you've replied to this thread! You really have done ALL you can to sort the mess out, thank you. :D

Can't wait to see you all again, very soon I hope....... :hopping:

RachXX
'95 Storm Grey 323 Manual Turbo, Richmod
----------------------------------------------------------
'95 Flame Red Celeb, Nos.191, 2 litre, LPG, used to be Adams ;) SOLD
'95 Vase Green Turbo~ Vanessa~ 'Serendipity' manual, Richmod. RIP
'90 Light Blue 480 Turbo auto....RIP
'68 VW Type 3 1.6 auto Lotus White,Swedish import. SOLD
Audi 80 coupe Gold...pimp my ride! RIP
'76 Bug, Ocean Blue, lowered, Empi wheels.RIP
'72 Bay window VW Camper 1600 twinport. Sold

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:34 pm

A happy ending is what we all like :)

2001 V70

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:23 am

It's sounds like one heck of a meet!

@Rachel and Mart - I'm really happy that you guys are working things out - any big shock is a strain on a relationship.......it's corny but they do say "that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" and it sounds like you guys will go from strength to strength.

Suddy does look a wee bit like Steve Davis doesn't he? I'd never really noticed before ;)

good to see the piccies
Sx
1995 M reg 2.0l flamer, with Ltd Ed interior, sadly departed, but not forgotten