Scottish Mini Meet?

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:20 pm

really dunno, gonna try it a diff way this time and see if its easier/quicker! might take a while though, be warned!

just get a 2 wire central locking motor from maplin, cant remember the code but its about a tenner. i'll get the relays and stuff.

why dont you stay at mine on the thursday and i'll try and get the friday off and do it then as it will prob be a PITA!!
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:30 am

Murf wrote:really dunno, gonna try it a diff way this time and see if its easier/quicker! might take a while though, be warned!

just get a 2 wire central locking motor from maplin, cant remember the code but its about a tenner. i'll get the relays and stuff.

why dont you stay at mine on the thursday and i'll try and get the friday off and do it then as it will prob be a PITA!!
just the one C/L motor? I remember you had 2 on your turbo didn't you? :?
Thanks for the offer of staying over Thurs night, no can do though. :( I can't get the time off work at the moment. :angry:

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:06 pm

anyone a vegetarian?
1995 M reg 2.0l flamer, with Ltd Ed interior, sadly departed, but not forgotten

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:05 pm

I quite like veggie food, no nuts in it though as i will keel over and die. :(

and i'd really rather not be the cause an unfortunate, untimely and undignified fight over spare Turbo parts. ;)
08 Renault Laguna III Sport Tourer 2.0T 4 wheel steering madness
00 Citroën XM ES9 V6 incredible

Previously:
00 W210 Mercedes E430 V8 estate LPG .....wünderbar!
00 W210 Mercedes E320cdi estate dead, eaten alive
95 Citroën XM 2.5 TD estate dead
95 Citroën XM 2.1 TD stolen/dead
'97 Saab 9000 Aero gone
Vase Green '94 Twin Pipe 480 Turbo
"Scar", Vase Green '94 Turbo dead
"Green Goblin" '93 Turbo Auto PITA, dead
Grey '88 ES dead
Steel Grey '93 480 Turbo sold and believed dead

Murf

Post by Murf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:38 pm

no nuts
bad luck mate, were all nuts!!!

Roo, i used two motors cos my pass side motor was fooked anyway!!
you can fit 2 if you want, it also kinda annoys me that the differnt types of lock (std volvo and aftermarket type) make different noises and unlock at different speeds.
maybe you arent as pedantic as i am!!
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:15 pm

Murf wrote:
no nuts
bad luck mate, were all nuts!!!

Roo, i used two motors cos my pass side motor was fooked anyway!!
you can fit 2 if you want, it also kinda annoys me that the differnt types of lock (std volvo and aftermarket type) make different noises and unlock at different speeds.
maybe you arent as pedantic as i am!!
i'll buy two...

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:16 pm

VanDerGraaf wrote:I quite like veggie food, no nuts in it though as i will keel over and die. :(

and i'd really rather not be the cause an unfortunate, untimely and undignified fight over spare Turbo parts. ;)
no nuts for me either. I can eat them but i'm just not keen on them! Apart from that, anything goes. :D

donpaulo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by donpaulo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:38 pm

I've got a lot on already that weekend but will make an appearance with MiMi at some point, probably saturday. I'll keep an eye on the arrangements and track yous crayzeeee katz down. Hurrah!!!!!!!!
480 celebration 119/480. red. GCH. Sml Gdn.all mod cons. Can I have a turbo please anybody? Land Rover series 3 SWB 1981, no cup holder. pug106 diesel, 8000mpg, 12p per month insurance.

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:25 pm

that's great donpaulo!
I've updated 'The Grand Plan' posting which is at the top of page 2! So we've got a better idea of what we're doing - if there are any other ideas tho - keep 'em coming! :D

ah yes Rohan I remember you've got a nut allergy!
I'm demi-veg so there's gonna be plenty of options I think!
@ Roo - how well do you know Edinburgh? (so we can decide on a good place to meet up)............how is high noon for everyone?
Sx

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:16 am

sallysal wrote:that's great donpaulo!
I've updated 'The Grand Plan' posting which is at the top of page 2! So we've got a better idea of what we're doing - if there are any other ideas tho - keep 'em coming! :D

@ Roo - how well do you know Edinburgh? (so we can decide on a good place to meet up)............how is high noon for everyone?
Sx
I've driven through Edinburgh a couple of times so know it a little bit. but i'm sure multimap.com can point me in the right direction :D I'll be coming in on the A90 from the north, where are you based from there? I presume Murf and Rohan will be coming in on the M8 so we will all be pretty close at somepoint! It also depends on when people are going to arrive.
I like the idea of the visit to the cars of the stars museam. I went to the Keswick one years ago and it was good. I saw K.I.T.T! I tried to contact the museam this morning for opening times and costs but i must be too early at the mo.

What about the deep sea world at south queensferry?
DeepSeaWorld
Thats supposed to be good.

I just noticed you suggested high noon for the official kick-off time. I must read posts properly! That should be ok for me. :D

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:21 am

I forgot to ask, Apart from me, the 480 and drink, is there anything else needed? Will we get bbq stuff in edinburgh etc or come ready?

Ally
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by Ally » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:11 am

I've tried to contact "Cars of the Stars" at Ingliston a few times now with no joy :-( Even had a look round there on a Sunday afternoon when I was dropping my sister off at the airport and there was no life about the place - don't know what to make of it. :?

Noon seems as good a time as any to meet up - plenty of time for people to get across/down to Edinburgh. Is JT coming? He'll need to get up early ;-) - come on John, you know you want to....

How about meeting in ASDA car park at the jewel? At the eastern end of the city bypass so should be easy to find and doesn't require knowledge of the town. BBQ supplies and cheap(ish) petrol readily available. Also on the right side for heading out to Yellowcraigs.

Only problem with Deep Sea thingy is potential traffic problems on the A8000 and the M90. Could be good though, haven't been to one of them since I was wee.
Fred - 1995 480 2.0i ES - Dark Green Metallic (106,000 miles)
Dave - 1993 480 2.0i ES - Steel Grey Metallic (148,000 miles)

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:23 am

Ally wrote:I've tried to contact "Cars of the Stars" at Ingliston a few times now with no joy :-( Even had a look round there on a Sunday afternoon when I was dropping my sister off at the airport and there was no life about the place - don't know what to make of it. :?

Noon seems as good a time as any to meet up - plenty of time for people to get across/down to Edinburgh. Is JT coming? He'll need to get up early ;-) - come on John, you know you want to....

How about meeting in ASDA car park at the jewel? At the eastern end of the city bypass so should be easy to find and doesn't require knowledge of the town. BBQ supplies and cheap(ish) petrol readily available. Also on the right side for heading out to Yellowcraigs.
I've been trying all morning to contact them but no joy. :(
What about here: Edinburgh Attractions
Lists a few places to visit including a brewery! ;)

is that ASDA the one located
HERE?
Would be ok for me as i can get there fairly easily. What about everyone else?

Come on JT make your intentions known! :D

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:54 pm

well after much fannying around i can confirm the edinburgh branch of the 'cars of the stars' is no longer. :angry: I phoned the museam in Keswick in the end.

Ally
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by Ally » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Roo wrote:edinburgh branch of the 'cars of the stars' is no longer.
There goes that idea then...

And yes, that's the ASDA I was on about.
Fred - 1995 480 2.0i ES - Dark Green Metallic (106,000 miles)
Dave - 1993 480 2.0i ES - Steel Grey Metallic (148,000 miles)

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:54 pm

Roo wrote:well after much fannying around i can confirm the edinburgh branch of the 'cars of the stars' is no longer. :angry: I phoned the museam in Keswick in the end.
:cryhard: The Batmobiles they have are cooooooooooooool!......b****r!!!

so 12 @ Asda @The Jewel then? ( VERY handy for me :D ). Paul you've got satnav haven't you? so will you, Rohan and Kate be ok getting there or will I meet you on Ferry Road somewhere then we can all go along to Asda? I can't remember if they have superunleaded (Ally- do you know?), but there is a Shell station on Seafield Road (5 mins from Asda, and conveniently 5 mins from my place) that does!

bring a sleeping bag Roo! as for bbq stuff, prob just get it in Asda? I think this may be what you're suggesting?http://caledonian-brewery.co.uk/events/centre.html
(sorry Roo -I don't like beer, but i'll go if that's what folks fancy doing)
It's difficult knowing what to suggest coz we're all Scots - if there's anything we fancy doing in town - we can easily leave the cars and walk..or...*shudder* bus it into town. Anyway keep the ideas coming!

Spoke to John last night - he's still thinking about it I think!............worried about his paintwork parking in the narrow streets round here! ;) .....and he didn't seem too impressed with my offer of parking his car for him! :wink:
don't worry!- you, and Ally (with his nice shiny new alloys) can park next to the park on a nice wide street!
Sx :D[/url]
Last edited by sallysal on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:07 pm

Ally wrote:edinburgh branch of the 'cars of the stars' is no longer.
Sorry guys, not really related to scot meet - but saw that and remembered a funny when I went with Ad to have a recce of the N.Wales meet route/things to do.

We called and paid to go into a 'car museum' in Betwysycoed (was on the way to site) - they had 6 cars in a leaking old barn, none of which were anything special, along with an aeroplane engine and a wooden toy fire engine...

Moral of story is don't be too gutted - it might not have met expectations!

Hope you get some decent weather to bbq those MarsBars or whatever you do up there ;)

Stu.

Murf

Post by Murf » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:54 pm

No, we deep fry them!
well after much fannying around i can confirm the edinburgh branch of the 'cars of the stars' is no longer
i'm guessing the stars came and took their cars back and the place kinda fell on hard times ;) :lol:

12 is fine for me, just need an adress and postcode and the "talking slug" aka my GPS (dont ask!!) will guide us over from weegie land!

Roo, we can go via stirling if you want to meet us on at the services on the A9/M80 just after stirling? we can all get lost together :lol:
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:09 pm

sallysal wrote: if there's anything we fancy doing in town - we can easily leave the cars and walk..or...*shudder* bus it into town. Sx :D
Bus??????? :lol:
I cannot imagine Paul on a bus :rofl: I just can't. I think Paul is allergic to buses.

All sounds fine, Paul has the satnav so we'll just follow him and blame him when it goes wrong! :lol:

Sally, convince John. Not concerned about your methods, just do it! :lol:

God i'm laughing too much.

:rofl:
08 Renault Laguna III Sport Tourer 2.0T 4 wheel steering madness
00 Citroën XM ES9 V6 incredible

Previously:
00 W210 Mercedes E430 V8 estate LPG .....wünderbar!
00 W210 Mercedes E320cdi estate dead, eaten alive
95 Citroën XM 2.5 TD estate dead
95 Citroën XM 2.1 TD stolen/dead
'97 Saab 9000 Aero gone
Vase Green '94 Twin Pipe 480 Turbo
"Scar", Vase Green '94 Turbo dead
"Green Goblin" '93 Turbo Auto PITA, dead
Grey '88 ES dead
Steel Grey '93 480 Turbo sold and believed dead

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:48 pm

/me is concerned about the methods :?
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb