Europe Meeting in June 2016 (!) in Germany

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

480er.com
480 Newbie

Europe Meeting in June 2016 (!) in Germany

Post by 480er.com » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:06 pm

Now we have more information about the meeting in 2016 (yes, its the right year):
june 24 to 26 - friday to sunday
Location is near Limburg in Germany at the A3 (between Cologne and Frankfurt).
We have a newsletter, but only in german at the moment. We will translate in english, dutch and other languages.
For more information do not hestitate to contact me via pm or email.
Regards Daniel
If u need spares feel free to contact me. I ship to whole Europe incl. UK.
www.480er.com

paposki
480 Newbie

Re: Europe Meeting in June 2016 (!) in Germany

Post by paposki » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:03 pm

ex v40 1.8
ex s80 2.4 D5
480se 1.7 Paris Blue
s80 T6

travelman
Started learning about 480

Post by travelman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:01 pm

When are we going to get the English version? I do not understand Polish!-or German unfortunately.

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:22 am

We will try our best in the next few days. Thx!
www.480er.com

marsdinho
480 Newbie

Post by marsdinho » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:24 am

If you are struggling, I can get this translated by Monday (23rd)

marsdinho
480 Newbie

Post by marsdinho » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:27 am

Hi, below is an English translation of the Polish document. A couple of things to note....a) Not everything is directly translatable from one language to another, so there may be some syntax errors (all dates, times, prices etc are accurate). B) I have nothing to do with the organising of this event, so wont be able to answer any questions on it. I just translated the Polish doc.

Matt

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2016 Convention

Newsletter 11.12.2014

What info do you need for the convention to take place? To prevent all organisation from hinging on one person, we will rely on past years’ experiences and will create teams responsible for particular activities, keeping the information flow alive. If anyone of you is interested in participating in the organisation and help please contact. We need your support! The teams are not finalized yet and the tasks are being defined.

We are happy to announce the date and place of the meeting:

Dates: 24.06.2016 - 26.06.2016

Place: Dornburg-Frickhofen

What speaks for this location?! It is located quite centrally between Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland and Denmark... In addition to that, the road infrastructure is good – A3 (Limburg) and A45 (Wetzlar). The B&B is in woodland, so we won’t disturb anybody. Many attractions are located nearby – a swimming pool, castles etc. Camping (limited number of tents) is possible on the grounds of the B&B, there are many places in the B&B, the kitchen is available, as well as toilets and showers, place for a bonfire, large roofed patio useful in rainy weather. Something nice for everyone!

Such a convention needs certain rules and regulations which need to be kept. For the purposes of the convention a bank account has been set up. Due to limited space for tents and number of beds in the B&B (52 beds), the allocation of rooms will be taken over by the organisation team.

If someone would like to reserve a bed or place for tent, a booking must be made. Booking deposit is required, 50 euro (children up to 14 yo: 10 euro). Thanks to booking, we can better estimate the amount of food to buy, in order not to buy too much. Booking deposit is returned immediately upon arrival. When transferring the booking deposit to our account, please state the reference, either of the following:

1) Booking of bed – Volvo convention 2016
2) Booking of tent place - Volvo convention 2016
3) General booking - Volvo convention 2016
4) Donation for the church

If a transfer is done without one of the first 3 reference options, it will be registered as a donation for the convention.
A family comprised of 2 adults a 3 children wanting to camp shall pay 130 euro booking deposit.
Bank account details:

IBAN DE09 5002 0000 0028 1719 00

BIC SEZDDEF1XXX

Please send your comments, ideas questions – we will try to answer in the next newsletter.

david34
480 Newbie

Post by david34 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Thank you so much for sharing the English version of Europe Meeting newsletter. I am so glad that the meeting will be held at one of the best meeting rooms in Germany. I also live in Germany. I would definitely attend this meeting!

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:21 pm

So ... the meeting 2016 is coming soon ;)
We have more information:
1. accomodation with 40 to 45 beds is booked -> if anybody is interested on bed please reserve incl. deposit (you will get it back on friday at arriving)
2. rallye (excursion) is scheduled (nearly 100 km and many castles)
3. social program with open air bath, playground, campfire and workshops
4. good hot cooking and extra barbecue on saturday, every morning breakfast

We scheduled more activities around the meeting.

And: for all registrated meeting members all is free! We need only the deposit before the meeting starts for planning the catering. The member will get back the deposit on friday or saturday at arriving in Limburg.

In these time we have reservation from Netherlands, Polands, Britains, Germans and Switzerlands.

Do you need more information? Feel free to contact me at www.480er.com

Best Daniel
www.480er.com

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Summary of members of the meeting 2016 in Germany:

Arno (D) - confirmed - 1
Thomas Schäfer (D) - confirmed - 1
Alex Fraessle (D) - confirmed - 2
Malte Buhls (D) - confirmede -1
Arne Buhls (D) - confirmed - 1
Dirk Fellendorf (D) - confirmed - 2+3
Sven Gottschling (D) - confirmed - 2
Daniel Krueger (D) - confirmede - 1
Holger Tautz (D) - confirmed - 2
Hans Werner (D) - confirmed - 1
Jens Plasczyk (D) - confirmed - 1
Marco Wedekind (D) - confirmed -1
Bartek Grzanka (PL) - confirmed - 1
Tomasz Mozejko (PL) - confirmed - 2
Slawomir Kreft (PL) - confirmed - 2
Martin Sadzik (D) - confirmed - 2
Alexandra Dabrowsk-Piotrowska (PL) - confirmed - 1
Rudi Zoels (D) - confirmed - 1

Klaus Berkey (D) - unconfirmed - 2
Arnold van Tiel (NL) - unconfirmed - 1
Geert Haegsman (NL) - unconfirmed - 1
King Richie (NL) - unconfirmed - 1
William Koekkoek (NL) - unconfirmed - 1
Michel Ducuroir (F) - unconfirmed - 1
Henk Lauwaert (B) - unconfirmed - 2
www.480er.com

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Volvo Meeting 2016
2nd newsletter – 28th March 2016

How time flies… there are only a few weeks left until the international Volvo 480 meeting will take place near Limburg. Date and location stay the same: 24th June to 26th June 2016 in Dornburg-Frickhofen. It has been done a lot since the 1st newsletter in December 2014. Certainly, the following information is important for you:
1) Accommodation:
There is a house available with more than 40 beds, sanitation and a kitchen. Furthermore, there are possibilities to put up tents for those who prefer to sleep in the open (but please note that camping sites are very limited!).
The accomodation is family-friendly, so please bring your kids: there is a playground as well as a covered seating area – including a fireplace to start a campfire.
Once you have registered for the meeting, you’ll get the registration documents -including the address – about 2 weeks before the meeting will take place.

2) Catering:
There will be a large breakfast selection on Saturday and Sunday.
On Friday and Saturday evening, we are going to have a barbecue. Please note that the barbecue on Friday will be a „small one“, whereas the barbecue on Saturday will offer more variety. On Saturday, there will also be an alternative hot meal.

3) Families favoured:
There are several leisure activities possible, so please bring your whole family! The location is in a forest, so there are many hiking trails. You can visit an open air path which is within walking distance or a gravel-pit. Frickhofen even has a rail connection in case you don’t want to use your car for sightseeing activities.

4) Booking:
In order to make a reservation for a bed we require a deposit from you. You will get the deposit back on your day of arrival in Frickhofen. You won’t get your deposit back if you don’t take part in the meeting! In this way, we try to ensure that you will really participate in our meeting, as we have to plan things like catering and so on.
Should all beds be fully booked, we support you in finding a hotel. Of course, you are free to look for hotels and guesthouses in the surrounding villages. Please note, that costs for hotel accomodation have to be paid by yourself!

Booking will be made as follows:
- number of persons = number of beds = 50,00 Euro deposit per bed (children up to 14 years: 10 Euro)
- bank transfer to the account mentioned below; please provide following information:
- your name
- number of persons
- note: „Booking Volvo Meeting 2016“ – „bed“ or „tent“ or „general“ or „donation“
- send a separate email to info@480er.com including a note how many people are going to come and how long you will stay
- after receipt of payment you will get a confirmation via email; only by receiving our confirmation your bed is considered as „reserved“!

5) Agenda:
Besides the leisure opportunities already mentioned, there will be some special activities around the Volvo 480, e.g. a rallye (similiar to the rallye you might have taken part at an Europe Meeting), some workshops, an auction and the possibility of swapping spare parts.
You can decide spontaneously whether you want to join or not. The distance has about 110km. Along the way, there will be opportunities for taking a meal or shopping and so on.
On Sunday, we are going to have some „special tests“ for you. That will be fun – be surprised!

6) Funding / Finance:
The meeting should be free of charge for the participants. Of course, please feel free to make a donation if you are satisfied with the event.
So far, we are funding the event by spare parts sales and donations.
We consider the meeting like a familiy reunion: we invite you to party with us – after all, our beloved 480 has been excisting for 30 years now!

If you haven’t booked a bed yet, you should hurry up: the house is almost fully booked.

Finally, these are the account data:

Owner of the account: Daniel Krueger
Sparda Bank Hessen eG
IBAN: DE28500905000002575256
BIC: GENODEF1S12

Best wishes,
your Organisation Team

Contact via:
www.480er.com
info@480er.com
www.480er.com

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:28 am

UPDATE:

Arno (D) - confirmed - 1
Thomas Schäfer (D) - confirmed - 1
Alex Fraessle (D) - confirmed - 2
Malte Buhls (D) - confirmede -1
Arne Buhls (D) - confirmed - 1
Dirk Fellendorf (D) - confirmed - 2+3
Sven Gottschling (D) - confirmed - 2
Daniel Krueger (D) - confirmede - 1
Holger Tautz (D) - confirmed - 2
Hans Werner (D) - confirmed - 1
Jens Plasczyk (D) - confirmed - 1
Marco Wedekind (D) - confirmed -1
Bartek Grzanka (PL) - confirmed - 1
Tomasz Mozejko (PL) - confirmed - 2
Slawomir Kreft (PL) - confirmed - 2
Martin Sadzik (D) - confirmed - 2
Alexandra Dabrowsk-Piotrowska (PL) - confirmed - 1
Rudi Zoels (D) - confirmed - 1
Frank Hollenbach (D) - confirmed - 2
Michel Duuroir (B) - confirmed - 2
Richard Parlevliet (NL) - confirmed - 2 (Hotel)
Rüdiger Scheidt (D) - confirmed - 2 (Hotel)
Klaus Berkey (D) - confirmed - 2 (Tent/Camping)
Krystof Grzanka (PL) - unconfirmed - 2
Wanda Niedzwiadek (PL) unconfirmed - 2
Arnold van Tiel (NL) - confirmed - 1
Geert Haegsman (NL) - unconfirmed - 1 (Tent/Camping)
William Koekkoek (NL) - confirmed - 1
Henk Lauwaert (B) - confirmed - 2 (Hotel)
www.480er.com

480er.com
480 Newbie

Post by 480er.com » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Agenda for several days!

Friday:
Arriving at 3PM or later
Small BBQ

Saturday:
Breakfast between 8AM and 9AM
Late Arriving till 9.30 AM
Rallye starts at 10AM, ends at 5PM, deadline 5.30PM
Supper incl. BBQ starts at 7PM
individual workshops around the Volvo 480 the whole day (incl. small repair)
Auction with spares around the Volvo 480 (incl. curiosities)
Campfire starts at 9PM

Sunday:
Breakfast between 8AM and 9AM
Skilldriving starts at 10AM
individual trip home
www.480er.com