meet up in the south west of england

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

cliffeydawlish
Knows where Volvo is from

meet up in the south west of england

Post by cliffeydawlish » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:22 am

hey all i know im classed as a newbi im relli intrested in meetin some fellow 480 lovers in person and having a good old chin wag

there are about 7 of us in dawlish with 480s ranging from 1.7 to the 2ltrs autos manualls turbos none non turbos 1 of us likes to restores his and has 4 i have a 1.7 es my mates and his dad have a 1..7 es and a 1.7 turbo + toby whos 480 got spotted at crealy

had a chat and we are all really wanting to have a fair sized meet and share stories and experiances aswell as admire outher peoples handy work

as i said we live in dawlish in devon so we are in the arse end of no were lol

if anbody was intrested we would probably meet either dawlish warren or exeter service (approximatley2 mins off junction 30 on the m5) and head over to exmouth sea front as i said if there is any intrest leave a date that is conviniant im sure we can agrree on a date timme and location and have a damn gd meet meeting new people learning new thing seeing diffrent variatys of the best car in the world many thanx chris

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:55 pm

If I am down that way on the date set I will come and say hello! ;)
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

cliffeydawlish

wicked

Post by cliffeydawlish » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 pm

im just waiting for a bit more intrest lol dosnt seem to be happening atm but no rush 2009 has just begun and thanx for the intrest ill keep ya posted

Pink Lady
Started learning about 480

defo

Post by Pink Lady » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi

the meet sounds good to me, I'm an avid 480 lover and have had 4 in the past 2 1.7es's and 1 turbo auto my first was an f reg in white with major probs, that died :cry:
so I got a D reg in absolute mint cond, I was the 2nd owner it was awsome sailed through all mot's, it was great, then I had a Turbo auto in paris blue with full leather it was the love of my life, but lost my job so I couldn't afford to run her anymore it was a heart breaking thing to sell her on :cry: :cry:
so I'm on the hunt again for another Turbo (maybe buying one next week if all goes well), so I'd love to meet up with some of you who share same interest.
do you know of any dates that would be good or is it just wait and see what happens first?
I'll be around hopefully with new one end of month beg of May if thats any good - leaves plenty of time to try and get more interest from others!!!
let me know
(2009) 1995 M Met Grey Turbo - here to stay
(2009) M Vauxhall Frontera SWB Sport
(2009) Rover Auto coupe - inbewteen car it's dead now;-)
(2007-2008) Honda Prelude 4th Gen
the rest is history - I'm happy with my car now!!

cliffeydawlish

dtes and times

Post by cliffeydawlish » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:05 am

i was thinking of hosting the meet 11th of april myself and a fellow 480 will meet every1 at moto services on the m5 and then take the costal rout throught dawlish warren dawlish teingmouth and newton and head towards torquay there is a sloop restraunt and pub on the way pop in there for food and drinks as some of you may have had a long drive and if you feel a bit more adventurouse and fancy taking a few snapz of your car with beutiful scenery behind we could have a ponder up dartmoore mybe have a picnic or a bbq if ya like let me know what you all think try n drum up a few more people and lets make a day of it and have a laff eh

cliffeydawlish

wrong date

Post by cliffeydawlish » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:08 am

i put the wrong date i meant to put the 9th of may witch is a saturday

Pink Lady
Started learning about 480

Post by Pink Lady » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 pm

that date sounds good to me, gives me enough time to get things sorted! have you had many others come forward for this, I think it will be a good day to be fair - all their in our 480's - thats a very rare sight these days!!!
Time to take lots of pics of them all so hope that some other's will be up for this...
let me know on any other changes etc.
(2009) 1995 M Met Grey Turbo - here to stay
(2009) M Vauxhall Frontera SWB Sport
(2009) Rover Auto coupe - inbewteen car it's dead now;-)
(2007-2008) Honda Prelude 4th Gen
the rest is history - I'm happy with my car now!!