UK Meet 2009 - CANCELLED

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

LASEROWL
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by LASEROWL » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 am

OK well after looking at various places in the Midlands and been met with
much reluctance from campsites to allow a
car club to meet up.

We are looking into another meet in Snowdonia.

Please search on here or look at VBB's site http://www.volvo480wales.com/walesmeeting.htm

Plenty to do, and much fun was had last time.

Comments please..........
1994 480ES 2.0l White.....Mechanically restored,Full Hausser Kit fitted..possibly for sale. NOW SOLD..on route to Hungary for T4 transplant!!!
2012 Fiat 500 Twin Air.....Italian style.
Previous - 1992 480ES 1.7l Lavendel Metallic
- 1991 480ES Paris Edition
- 1991 480 SE Paris Blue Edition 52 Reg
- 1998 S80 SE T6...272BHP

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v186/LASEROWL/

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Bit of a trek for some?

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:00 pm

It is a bit of a trek I agree, but sadly I think it is always going to be the case for someone to have to trek...to be honest, if I am going to have to travel I would prefere somewhere beachy :) Damn how I miss the beach... 8)
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

gingherheed
Can tell where the 480 was built

Meet

Post by gingherheed » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:00 pm

Are there any statistics available via this website that show where the majority of UK based owners are based?

I'd like to see a major meet down here somewhere. I'd be happy to drive by 480 up north as far as the north/south divide. That's the M4 to anyone not already aware!!!!

Anywhere after that is dense rainforest with no tarmac'd roads and generally inhabited by the people out of Deliverance (except you Esta) as far as I know.

At this point I should state that I am joking.

I lived in Wales once and that was like I described above!!

benwalllker
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by benwalllker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:53 pm

if you want the people in the midlands to ask about for places seeing as we are local and know the right areas, all you need to do is ask im sure :D im sure we can find a nice location. and wales is a fair old distance :cry:

Cerberus
480 Expert

Post by Cerberus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:03 pm

This years Digital Car Show was here:

http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/

Info for event organizers here:
http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/rallies.shtml

Might be worth a word with them?

C
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/Cerberus74/DC_SIG_GHETTO.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.digital-car.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9446]My digital-car.co.uk Install Thread[/url]

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:47 pm

TShirts at £5 each no matter how small the order AND BBQ FUEL FOC?!?!?!?

This sounds like the place to go!!!! :hopping:

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

kev
480 Rookie

Post by kev » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Wales looks good to me ! It's in the middle of the country
Just a bit on the left. ;)
[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/aelhead/480-1.jpg[/img]

LASEROWL

Post by LASEROWL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Well Im not really suprised at the comments so far!!!!!

However, the Bubble car museum is a good venue I agree, but we were able to go and visit this when we had the two meets near Lincoln.

What else would we do ?????
I dont mind but would like some input, rather than the moans of lack of stuff to do when you get there.

Wherever we go will always be a bit far for someone....
Spare a thought for our friends on the continent that have ventured over before. We have had Scotts come to Lincoln before and Wales for that matter.

I dont hold a monopoly on doing meets, so if you can do any better be my guest, I have asked for ideas, and tried diffrent campsites but to no avail.

Either it's no fires, no car clubs, no mainly male groups. Trust me its not as easy as you may think.

Take a good look at the pics on Adam's site, and in fact there are loads of pics on here, lots to do around snowdon, beaches are near, etc etc.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but to be honest im a bit :angry: at the lack of support for a meet.

If the usual folk dont sort one out who will ??? The proof is the lack of a main meet this year.

Rant over.......
1994 480ES 2.0l White.....Mechanically restored,Full Hausser Kit fitted..possibly for sale. NOW SOLD..on route to Hungary for T4 transplant!!!
2012 Fiat 500 Twin Air.....Italian style.
Previous - 1992 480ES 1.7l Lavendel Metallic
- 1991 480ES Paris Edition
- 1991 480 SE Paris Blue Edition 52 Reg
- 1998 S80 SE T6...272BHP

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v186/LASEROWL/

eEm

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 pm

There's a social club at the end of my road, the Manta and the Capri owner's clubs hold their annual meet there. And Millbrook proving ground is less than 2miles up the road, they do a run what you brung every so often, not to mention Santa Pod 1/2 hr drive. Skiing/shopping at MK, fishing 5mins walk, my house 3mins walk, Aston Martin factory 20mins drive. Pubs/clubs etc

Just off Junction 13 of the M1.

Like you said there's always going to be people who have to travel. But what actually goes on on a 480 club meet? keys in a bowl? sprogs and icecream? lots of touring? :dunno:
Why won't God heal amputees?

chriskay

Post by chriskay » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm

The last meet in Snowdonia was great; lots to see & do. I remember a great explore of that copper mine & Electric Mountain. Also, next time I'll be in a 480 instead of a T5.
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm

I understand your rant about lack of support, it is a pain organising these things.

Would love to be more help, but have only organised one or two meets before, and to be honest, despite living in the Midlands now, its Devon I'd know most about attractions, so if it does happen to the North of Devon I can recommend camp sites etc, they are usualy fairly lenient, I mean, hippies n campervans can get meets there, so I am sure a nice buncha 480-ers would be fine! :lol:

@eEm, OK, I will try and go anywhere, and go to all the activities, but keys in a bowl? Lulas MINE!!!! ;) *selfishly hugs Lula closer*

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

eEm

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:45 pm

esta wrote: @eEm, OK, I will try and go anywhere, and go to all the activities, but keys in a bowl? Lulas MINE!!!! ;) *selfishly hugs Lula closer*
Wasn't talkin about swapping motors ;) daddy is single again now sweetie.

My god! I'm trying to chat up a cartoon character :wall:

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:48 pm

eEm wrote:
esta wrote: @eEm, OK, I will try and go anywhere, and go to all the activities, but keys in a bowl? Lulas MINE!!!! ;) *selfishly hugs Lula closer*
Wasn't talkin about swapping motors ;) daddy is single again now sweetie.

My god! I'm trying to chat up a cartoon character :wall:
Ooooh I see!! ;) I was thinkin the more innocent key swap lol! Knowing my luck I would end up with what I just posted under EEK in Wastegate...tho as pointed out, she couldnt get in and out of a 480 :lol:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

eEm

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:56 pm

esta wrote:...tho as pointed out, she couldnt get in and out of a 480 :lol:
It would be a hoot to watch though!

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm

eEm wrote:
esta wrote:...tho as pointed out, she couldnt get in and out of a 480 :lol:
It would be a hoot to watch though!
5 mins with her-Cheaper than lowering springs? :dunno:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

eEm

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:02 pm

Aye! Bag of flour and some elbow-length marigolds, most fun you can have for a £5er :lol:

eEm

Post by eEm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 pm

So would junction 13 of M1 be a bit out of the way for most? I've done Carlisle in 3 1/2hrs from here before, Exeter in 3hrs, Swansea in 3 1/4hrs travelling in the early hours of course. Britain really isn't that big is it!

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Roo Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:55 pm Post subject:

Bit of a trek for some?
As some have already mentioned it is always going to be a bit of a trek for someone.
Cerberus Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject:

This years Digital Car Show was here:

http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/

Info for event organizers here:
http://www.bubblecarmuseum.co.uk/rallies.shtml

Might be worth a word with them?

C
Also as mentioned by laserowl we have already done this twice. Its time for a change. But glad to see that someone is putting their 2 pence worth in.
esta Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm Post subject:

It is a bit of a trek I agree, but sadly I think it is always going to be the case for someone to have to trek...to be honest, if I am going to have to travel I would prefere somewhere beachy Damn how I miss the beach...
Look at the link to VBB pages and you will see that the beach isn't too far as we all went there. Well i didn't as i was in court so only turned up on the last day. But i still got there.
LASEROWL Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:37 pm Post subject:

Well Im not really suprised at the comments so far!!!!!

However, the Bubble car museum is a good venue I agree, but we were able to go and visit this when we had the two meets near Lincoln.

What else would we do ?????
I dont mind but would like some input, rather than the moans of lack of stuff to do when you get there.

Wherever we go will always be a bit far for someone....
Spare a thought for our friends on the continent that have ventured over before. We have had Scotts come to Lincoln before and Wales for that matter.

I dont hold a monopoly on doing meets, so if you can do any better be my guest, I have asked for ideas, and tried diffrent campsites but to no avail.

Either it's no fires, no car clubs, no mainly male groups. Trust me its not as easy as you may think.

Take a good look at the pics on Adam's site, and in fact there are loads of pics on here, lots to do around snowdon, beaches are near, etc etc.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but to be honest im a bit at the lack of support for a meet.

If the usual folk dont sort one out who will ??? The proof is the lack of a main meet this year.

Rant over.......
As laserowl has taken my normal path of all guns blazing i suppose i should take his lead.
Please be aware that I am located in sheffield and own a number of 480's and would be bringing atleast 2 with me. There for Lincoln would be great a stones throw from the HOMDV. The fact is this doesn't matter even if the meet was in Scotland (been there for a meet) as long as you are given enough notice you can budget your money to be able to get anywhere. At the end of the day we live on an island, so nowhere is too far.
As co-organiser when we decided over breakfast that we needed to do a meet as no one else had we both said distance is not an issue.
Where ever we go we have to go there months before and do a dry run to organise everything. We do this from our own pockets and not from yours so we do the meet twice which is twice the price of everyone else. We also provide the meeting tent and the assurances to the site and have to take full responisibility for the clubs actions as it will only take one dickhead to handbrake on the grass to get us all kicked off.
Chelle and myself have to organise, dog sitter and child care for Hannah and what will be at the time our new born.
I work away all week and only have weekend which i would be giving up to co-organise the meet.

Now time for a little question about the moaning.
IS ALL THE ABOUT MONEY? YES OR NO I have told you want to do.
IS IT BECAUSE YOUR CAR IS CRAP AND WON'T MAKE IT
IS IT CHILD CARE
IS IT DOG CARE
OR IS JUST PURE LAZYNESS

I can hand on heart say i want to have a meet, as they are great. There are always things organised and prizes etc.

This is the big question.

DO YOU WANT US TO ORGANISE THE MEET?

IF YES IT WALES

IF NO THEN ITS JACK JONES

Someone is always going to have something to moan about but it you have had the crap we have had to have just to get the feelers from campsite you too would be a little narked by the total lack of support shown by people.
eEm Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm Post subject:

Like you said there's always going to be people who have to travel. But what actually goes on on a 480 club meet? keys in a bowl? sprogs and icecream? lots of touring?
You should have a look at the write up and photo from previous meets. But generally by about 130am we tend to be pissed dancing around the campfire naked :rofl:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

martinholmesuk

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Wales meet?

Are fookig crap!

Only joking they are the best! I really did have a good time at the 2005 meet! + an excuse to bring the E30 and prove just how much better it is then a 480! sorry i'll get my coat :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT