::: Lakes Meet 2007 - Daniels final thoughts... :::

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

::: Lakes Meet 2007 - Daniels final thoughts... :::

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi guys.

Well, it's about time i sorted out a post. I'm just using this to address some issues before it all goes ahead.

Payment

Due to some mis-communication between myself and the C&CC, the payment method is different to what it normally is. To be considered a 'Group' by the C&CC, we had to have a certificate stating we were an official registered (with some database) club. If this was the case, then rather than indivdual payment, we would pay as a group upon arrival. But no. We're not registered, so we have to pay per person. However, some will note that they have paid deposits/full amounts etc. I have spoken to the campsite and on this occasion, we will be paying as a group-payment therefore isn't required until Saturday morning, as i won't be arriving until around 8-9pm on the Friday...and i can't be arsed to sort it out then. So, if you could have the remaing amount ready Fri evening to just give to me, or first thing Sat morning, that would be exquisit :)

Arrival

Contrary to the rules given to me, the campsite is allocating a space for us :D. It was just going to be a 'get put where you're told' affair, but after speaking to the site they have agreed to keep us together-which is good as i'll be the last one arriving and i get to park with the group, not in some random field :lol:.

Because of the payment arrangement, when you book in, you must tell them you are with:

Daniel Moore, Volvo 480 Club.

Thats it. The reason for this is that the C&CC have just booked 14 pitches under my name. Easy peasy. The campsite are aware of the payment issue, so you should be let in no problems. The only additional cost there may be is the site barrier. Initially i was told there wasn't one, but the updated info i have received has informed me otherwise. The key for the site barrier is a £10 refundable deposit. Whether it's one key per person/couple or one key per group (i.e. all of us), i don't know-but be aware you may need £10 upon arrival.

Activities

Obviously we have the museum in the morning: the AA route planner has told me (it spoke to me, oh yes...) that the museum is a 50 minute-ish drive from the site. I'm not sure what time people will want to leave in the morning-i'm thinking no later than 10am....so that means up early people! Ha!

I have an outlined planned Convoy drive in the afternoon, which takes us on a nice scenic route (as used by coach parties/tourists) provided by the Cumbria toursit board. I haven't worked out how long this drive is, but it takes us around the lakes, nice scenery etc-and there are some pubs etc dotted about on this drive. What we can all do is decide how we want to do it on the Saturday morning, otherwise i'll just print the route initially supplied to me and we can do that. One thing included in the drive is a group stop in a nice location so we can get a few pics of all the cars/people together.

Food

On site there is a Pub which serves food :D. Kendal is nearby so you can head there if you want a Pot Noodle or something. With regards to the BBQ i had proposed initially, this can be decided on site-Pub is probably a good idea Friday night: good ice breaker, easy food after travelling etc. Can do the Pub again on Sat night, or we can BBQ if people can be bothered, or if Kendal isn't too far, maybe head over there? Just an idea. If anybody has any activities for the evenings, aside drinking, let us know!

Rules & Regs...yawn.

We'll probably be issued with some on arrival, but the main ones my attention has been kindly drawn to are:

1) Strictly NO car movement after 11pm. Noise also to be kept to a minimum after this time, as this IS a family campsite.

2) The site CANNOT be used for car repairs (they're obviously not familiar with a 480 :lol:). Remedial maintenence may be carried out however at site managers discretion.

3) Language must be kept under control with Children around etc.

4) Litter....don't need to explain that.

5) Observe Campsite speed limits...yes you Turbo owners!

6) Respect your neighbours. Basically, if we piss people off, the campsite can chuck us out.

7) Unless you pay extra, we have to leave by 12pm Sunday.

8 ) Oh, & you can arrive from 12pm onwards on the Friday :)

Additional Info

Unfortunately, people who have made deposits and pulled out aren't going to get them back due to it being the height of the season.

Anybody wishing to camp now must contact the site direct themselves-they have allocated the 14 pitches for the people on the list (there is a seperate list to the 'Daniel Moore' list)-so if you want to go you will have to ask nicely to be put with us if possible. Not a power thing, it's just not fair on people who paid and reserved a long time back.

Anybody wishing to join is on Saturday is more than welcome-the more 480's the better :D. I would say arrive et the campsite no later than 9.30am. You won't be able to bring your car in, but you can wander down to us-just make sure you notify the gate security as to who you are and your intentions and there should be no problem there.

The Windermere webpage can be found here: Windermere Campsite, should anybody wish to contact them independantly. There is no email address for this site, just a phone number-they are pretty friendly though so no worries!

As long as nobody has any objections, i will paste a copy of the deposit list so you can all check what you have paid/how much left to pay on the day.

Any further questions feel free to PM me, or you can contact me on mobile (O2): 07746 933727-and i'll do my best to help :D Oh, and one further note- i hate leading whilst driving, so i'll make sure there is a clear route for whoever leads the convoy :D....c'mon, i have organised it!

Lets make this a good enjoyable weekend people-looking forward to seeing you all/again :D

Fuck, now i need a beer...:lol:

Deposit list:
Cumbria Meet 2007 ::: Deposit List

Name/s --- Deposit (£.p) --- Remaining (£.p)

JohnT + 1 --- 10 --- 25.20

Kevin Doyle: PAID

Piper1st --- 5 ---12.60

Owen080808080808080808 + 1 --- 17.60 --- 17.60

Andrew Braban: PAID (+ IOU £5)

Paul Murphy: PAID

Tony Shepard (Loki's Dad) --- 5 --- 12.60

Macaroon --- 12 ---5.60

BarnsleyGT + 2: PAID

VDG --- 5.50 --- 12.10

Stu Chacks +1 --- 6 --- 29.20

rGreenhalf + 1 --- 10 --- 25.20

Andrew Taylor + 1 --- 0 --- 35.20

Total Outstanding: 172.90
And just as a reminder:

1 Person, 2 Nights = £17.60
2 Persons, 2 Nights = £35.20

Thats it. Now really time for a beer! :lol:
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:49 pm

I thought "Hmm, wonder why Daniel is having thoughts about the meet!!"

Then i reallised YOU are in fact also Daniel. haha.

All looks like nil problemo to me!
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Murf

Post by Murf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:10 pm

Cool!
Big thanks to Dan for all the effort he's put into this, i'm looking forward to it big style :D
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Me too. :hopping:

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Saturday evening...

:twisted: :cheers: :rofl:

:roll:

:rtfm: :sh: :oops:

:zzz:

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:48 pm

Leaving out the being told off bit of course! :lol:
We'll be good!

Murf

Post by Murf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:12 pm

If we cant be good, we'll be carefull!

Rohan, did you manage to pick up the 10 gallon drum of buckfast that we ordered last week? ;)
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Better than that dude- it was buy one get one free! :lol:

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 pm

BTW you have been watching Wizbit for 6 months now- are you ok?
:wink:

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:26 pm

VanDerGraaf wrote:BTW you have been watching Wizbit for 6 months now- are you ok?
:wink:
:rofl:

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Sticky until the weekend

2001 V70

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:12 pm

Cheers Ad ;)

I also thought i'd try and get some stickers made up, like the ones dished out last year at the meet, but the company i had enlisted to do it have let me down...so if you ever stumble across 'Slook' (had to use them as they do small print runs), avoid them!

Here's what would have been-I have one more place locally to try, but it's quite a big place so i'm thinking they won't be able to do it. So if anybody want's to print it off and stick it on their car, feel free :lol:

12cm x 5cm

Oh well! :cry:
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Murf

Post by Murf » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:29 pm

BTW you have been watching Wizbit for 6 months now- are you ok?
I forgot you hadn't seen me for a while, ive actually gone all conical shaped!
Its a nightmare to find trousers that fit and car seats, forget it!

Great design Dan! Print em out on A4 and laminate them and we can stick them on the side windows so we have a nice big blind spot!
You could overlay each cars spec list on it too!
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

piper1st
480 Is my middle name

Post by piper1st » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 am

That is a cool design ... would actually make good t-shirts too! (or is that going too far!) :lol:
Current:
Honda Civic ES I-VTEC
previous:
BMW E46 330i SE Touring
VW Mk4 Golf V6 4Motion
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR ST205 WRC
1995 (M) Dark Grey Metallic 480 Turbo
1994 (M) Flame Red Metallic 480GT
1992 (J) Black Metallic 480ES 1.7i

Macaroon
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Macaroon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:37 pm

volvo-bigbrother wrote:Sticky until the weekend
TMI
Tonee: '93 Two Tone. High mileage but nice 'n' tidy.
Sheba: '91 ES Paris Special. Love that leather, baby. Scrapped and used as a spares car.

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Macaroon wrote:
TMI
? :?

2001 V70

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:17 pm

volvo-bigbrother wrote:
Macaroon wrote:
TMI
? :?
Too much information... :rofl:

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:20 pm

Someone always has to lower the tone

2001 V70

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:24 pm

I understood it as "tickles me inside".
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Macaroon
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Macaroon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:25 pm

volvo-bigbrother wrote:Someone always has to lower the tone
:oops: Er, that'll be me then...

:D
Tonee: '93 Two Tone. High mileage but nice 'n' tidy.
Sheba: '91 ES Paris Special. Love that leather, baby. Scrapped and used as a spares car.