:::: New 480 2007 Main Meet ::::

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Just had to say though.......

Murf wrote:Fook me, better bring my sun hat!! :D

:no:

Erm...... ;)

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:31 pm

Lots of mud and rain coats then.

2001 V70

JohnTurbo
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by JohnTurbo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm also safely home....though we did have what was close to a blowout @85mph in the fast lane of the M6. Thankfully it was 1/2 a mile upstream of a service stop, so i removed the smoking 17, and replaced it with a wheel of approx 4" diameter (silly space saver!). Nice 55mph plod for 80 miles on that!

You have to expect these setbacks when you drive a car with performance as blistering as my 440.

Great to see you all, old and new!
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:57 pm

:shock:

Very glad that you and Debbie are ok!

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Wow, that weather was something else eh! However didn't dampen any spirits, and big thanks to Dan for getting this years meet sorted, top (480) man! :wave:

Was nice to catch up with the amigos again, deffo get the 480 Top Trumps sorted for next years meet VDG.... in the Vauxhall owners club tent of course (nice one Andy&Ally :hopping: !).

Hope there's some pics to come!

Stu.

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:43 pm

I'm just in the door too. Knackared. :bored:

Will post later!

Feckin awesome meet! :hopping:

Gayle
480 Newbie

Post by Gayle » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:02 pm

JohnTurbo wrote:I'm also safely home....though we did have what was close to a blowout @85mph in the fast lane of the M6. Thankfully it was 1/2 a mile upstream of a service stop, so i removed the smoking 17, and replaced it with a wheel of approx 4" diameter (silly space saver!). Nice 55mph plod for 80 miles on that!

You have to expect these setbacks when you drive a car with performance as blistering as my 440.

Great to see you all, old and new!
Just as well you didn't have your foot down then :rofl:

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Turns out the valve nearly entirely blew out of its hole, so air blasted out of the valve hole @ like 10mm diamater. - Not a blow out, but a damn fast punture nonetheless.

I'm pissed off, the tyre looked fine, but i mananged to partially inflate it, and the cording must be wrecked as it has a bulge. Damn expensive 17 too!!

I don't have any pics, but i'm looking forward to seeing other people's!!
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:32 pm

Well, after a shattering 7 1/2 hour journey home...er, i'm home :lol: So tired though. Im off for a shower & some food...i'll pop up a proper post soon too. Good to see so many faces, old & new (to me anyway)-and despite the consitant rain, not a sad face all weekend :D

I'd oblige and post a quick small picture but surprise surprise, Photobucket is being utter shite! So i'll post later.

:bored:

No, i lied! Small but pleasing (the pic i mean...)

[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Murf

Post by Murf » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Home safely too!
Thanks to everyone for making it a top weekend, what a laugh!
Special thanks to Dan for doing a sterling job of organising everything and keeping us under control and not lost!
Was great to meet new people and of course people i'd met before but tried to avoid :wink:
Thanks to the scottish crew from the convoy, some fine formation driving was to be seen on the M6, the red arrows would be amazed :D

Best moments:
Touching a REAL Delorean, wow!
The A6 on the way home, great road! (good choice Roo!)
Friday night and Sat night!
The indian food and having Prince as our waiter (the pop star, not william or harry!)
Getting severed from the convoy and getting lost on the way to the campsite DESPITE having satnav!! No wonder it was cheap :lol:

Oh, and thanks to Suddy for my new wheels :D
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

Murf

Post by Murf » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:27 pm

Oh, and i'd just like to add that my sun hat is now in the wash, it smells funny after getting soaked so badly!

Also, my 480's indicators and hazards have just stopped working! Thats what you get for taking it on a nice run and lavishing care and attention on it, see y'all in the electrical section............ :angry:
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

owen080808
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by owen080808 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:30 am

Yep, great meeting! :D

Shame about the smoke screen on the way home, i have to admit that it was i who soiled our convoy with a thin film of oil. but i think i know where its leaking so thats a job for the next day off.

Murf, I hope someone got a good picture of 'the flying vee'?

i'll scour my pictures and post any good ones later!

Thanks all who made it such fun, and thanks to Dan for organising. I give no thanks to whoever was in charge of the weather!
Currently car-less

| '92 turbo + Rich mod | Sold

| '90 turbo + Seized engine | gone to the volvo dealer in the sky

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/owen080808/480%20turbo/avatar.jpg[/img]

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 am

Murf wrote:The indian food and having Prince as our waiter (the pop star, not william or harry!)
:D
Dont forget George Michael! ;)

BTW want to try my CEM II to see if that sorts your indicator problems?
owen080808 wrote:i have to admit that it was i who soiled our convoy with a thin film of oil. but i think i know where its leaking so thats a job for the next day off.
Sorry to hear about that Owen. Phone calls were flying on the M6 trying to find the "culprit". :lol:

I only had a video camera so no pics :( , the leads for the camera have mysteriously disappeared so can't even check that out!

I see today as I look out of the window the sun is shining brightly.....

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by dragon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:47 am

As long as you all enjoyed it :)

Looking forward to some pics soon!!!
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:45 am

Photobuckets still down... :angry:

Anyway, got a video uploaded of Paul, Ross, Rohan and Owen on there way north. As you can see my video skills are quite basic. :lol:

Drive-By

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:57 am

Ooof!! That really appeals to the part of me that desires grainy cctv footage. I think i can even tell which cars are 480s!!

:rofl: :wink:
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

piper1st
480 Is my middle name

Post by piper1st » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:05 pm

well ... that's me finally dried out, can't say the same for the tent tho! :lol:

that was my first proper UK meet, and what a great time i had! :D Yeah the weather put Glasgow to shame, but even that couldn't put a dampener on it (sorry, couldn't resist)!

Cheers Dan for the organisation (which was spot on!) and thanks to Kendal's local drug dealer for pointing us in the right direction to a great indian!

I've had a flick through the photo's, and got 1 or 2 good ones, but photobollox is still down!

Roo wrote:Anyway, got a video uploaded of Paul, Ross, Rohan and Owen on there way north.
Now that's what i call formation driving ... top class!
Murf wrote: Best moments:

The A6 on the way home, great road! (good choice Roo!)
I'll second that!

Nice to meet you all ... and hope to see you's all again soon!
Current:
Honda Civic ES I-VTEC
previous:
BMW E46 330i SE Touring
VW Mk4 Golf V6 4Motion
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR ST205 WRC
1995 (M) Dark Grey Metallic 480 Turbo
1994 (M) Flame Red Metallic 480GT
1992 (J) Black Metallic 480ES 1.7i

Big Brother

Post by Big Brother » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Looks like everyone had a good time. Come on lets see some pics :D

Edit: Just noticed other thread

2001 V70

Macaroon
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Macaroon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:31 pm

Back in Sunny London, way hey!

Covered around 760 miles all told, including my Sunday spin up Kirkstone Pass and an overnight detour via Wales (cheers, Chacks!). Tonee performed brilliantly and I got 39.2mpg for the whole trip (including Lakeland hillclimbs and London rush hour driving) so very pleased indeed!

It was great to meet you all - some for the first time, some as old / new friends. Special shout-outs to:

• Dan 480 - cheers & well done for getting us all together (hope you remembered your Danorak!)
• The Chacks - a pleasure as always. (Stu, I hope you were warm and dry sleeping in the doghouse... ;) Sue, I trust the experience hasn't in any way put you off camping, has it...? :D )
• Kev - for sorting my squeaky engine and for introducing us to the idea of triple bonking... in the pub... (don't worry, it's a card game).
• VDG - Anarchy Factor: 4, Nerd Factor: 2.5, rating at Simpsons Top Trumps: Loser! (but a top bloke, nonetheless)
• Roo - it was good to put a face to the name (and nobody but you noticed the wrong coloured wing mirror on Tonee...)
• Andy & Ali (AKA the Volvo 480 Appreciation society) - Get yourselves on the forum guys! (We look forward to welcoming you at the next meet in a nice shiny 480 - you know you want to... :twisted: )

Well, back to reality. I'm not looking forward to getting the wet Gazebo out of the car but after 24+ hours in a binliner, its now or never...

As Dan said, getting all the cars - and people - together kind of restores my faith in this crazy car we love. Already anticipating the next one, folks.

Rich
Last edited by Macaroon on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonee: '93 Two Tone. High mileage but nice 'n' tidy.
Sheba: '91 ES Paris Special. Love that leather, baby. Scrapped and used as a spares car.

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 pm

Yes, i'm now fully dried out and warmed up too.

Dan you did an excellent job in organising the meet, especially given the timescale. Have you started on next years yet? :lol:

Well, :oops: the A6 was more down to me missing the turn-off in Kendal for the M6 and not wanting to look stupid by turning round. :lol: It was a great drive though. Glad I messed up!

I was gonna leave the 480 back on the drive today but due to the fact I enjoyed the meet so much I used the Charger to do some errands today. :D

Was great to meet some old faces and new ones. The meets also given me the enthusiasm to crack on with FODdus. :D