Alton Towers again

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

C6REW
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

ANOTHER MEETING

Post by C6REW » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:34 pm

Fireworks eh!

Well we may be back to Caerphilly after all. They have the most amazing fireworks display at the castle and the best bit is it is free!!

Anyone interested?

We only have a few weeks so organising will have to be done quickly.

Regards

Chris

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by dragon » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:58 pm

memememmemememe :)
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

Richard Kenward

Post by Richard Kenward » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:20 am

Thanks to the moderator for curbing by lack of security with the XXXX's over my phone number. however I am not overly concerned about security here as anyone with an interest in 480's is unlikely to abuse my trust......and anyone thinking of breaking in here had better be ready for some pretty agressive Welsh Sheepdogs <BG> Email me for my contact number please.

Back on topic, regarding on-the spur-of-the-moment meetings, have we not learnt anything from the past? If a few keen guys want to have such a get together that's great. However it should not be promoted as anything other than this otherwise is will degrade any serious effort to do something more considered. Also do remember that we are almost past autumn and who in their right mind wants to camp out, hang about, etc ! The weather this year has been fantastic, but it can all change very quickly now. Not wanting to poor the preverbial cold water but....

Cheers

Richard :eek:
Over 20 years of 480 driving and still loving it! Present one is a Burgandy 480 GT 1994 108K miles and LPG converted and fitted with Tracker so it does not get 'nicked' again!

MatBat
480 Is my middle name

Post by MatBat » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:20 pm

Hi Richard,

I am a UK Member, and would love to meet some other 480 Enthusiasts.
I think we may have missed it for this year though, regarding weather etc.

Hope something can be arranged in more clement weather.

Regards
Mat
1996 Mini Classic 1275.

C6REW

UK MEETING

Post by C6REW » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:42 pm

Hi Richard and Mat,

Not sure if the point has been missed Richard. The weather is only a small part of the fun.

As I cannot explain what fun we had and it was very cold hence the coats in the pictures, I believe I have a few copies of the DVD I created which should show you. If either of you want a copy send an email with your address to chris@swi.org.uk.

It is not about spur of the moment, these things can be planned with little time. The crucial point is to get some idea of the people who will come to a meet. Give a dead line for people who can confirm. If there is enough who can come then make sure that it is going to be fun and as Gaz mentioned make it a family event.

Regards

Chris

Trudi Passey
480 Newbie

Post by Trudi Passey » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:15 pm

Hi Guys

Have been reading with interest about the meetings and would be very interested so long as it could be a family thing. I have posted some details about a Robot wars type event which i am involved in on December 6th in Worthing, look under Robots for more details or drop me a line, this might be a bit more local for some. I there is enough of us i can ask about a discount on ticket prices and then maybe a meal afterwards. If anyone is interested i have some friends in the area and would be happy to book restaurant, B&B etc.

Trudi :)

Jamo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Jamo » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:11 am

Lol i still have sleepless nights about being attack by a mob of children on a bouncy castle! :lol:

Good fun!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/JamoDodger/Avatar/startrek-bluescreen.gif[/img]
Ex 480 Turbo owner, Currently own Audi S2 Avant running 500-600 bhp