The Chacks 2007 NW Xmas Meet results....

Discussions about meetings, both organised by us and by others, can take place here. If you want to organise a meeting yourself, this is the place to start! If you want to inform everyone of a meeting no one might know, feel free to post it here too.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

stu chacks
Friend of Club 480 Europe

The Chacks 2007 NW Xmas Meet results....

Post by stu chacks » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:08 am

Well after taking a couple of days to recover from a 480 overdose, I'm pleased to announce some results! Unfort the batteries on our digicamera took a nosedive after a couple of shots so will post the few we have this weekend and rely on you guys for the rest!

Bowling Winner:
Team 'Sexy Saxo' aka Andy Taylor with a score of 175 in his 1st game, was an impossible act to follow.

Quiz Winner:
Team 'London/Manchester' aka Rich(Macaroon) and Shimon with an impressive score of 48/58

V.O.L.V.O. logo winner:
Team 'Fuel Leek' aka John Turbo&Rach with a very apt logo 'Vehicle's Orifaces Leak Very Often'

Booby prize winner:
Team 'Dunno' aka James (Loki Jnr) & Sarah with a lowly score of 28.5/58 (don't ask where the .5 came from!) Enjoy that totally tropical prize amigos!

Some other worthy V.O.L.V.O. logo mentions go to:

The Volvo DreamTeam aka Martin and Tony (LokiSnr) with
'Vader Often Likes Victimising Others'

Team London/Manchester Rich and Shimon with
'Vehicle Obsession Leaves Victims Overdrawn' how true!

And our other non-480 team (the neighbours) with an observant
'Very Odd Looking Vehicle & Owner' :eek: ooh the cheek.

Small print:
Big thanks to everyone for attending, especially the ones who travelled some distance to join us. JT and Mart for providing the breakdowns which any good car meet worth it's salt should have! VBB for sorting out everyones name badges. Suddy, forever the entertainer! Shimon for turning up just in time to go and rescue the breakdowns (hopefully you'll get to see some working 480's next meet!). Ma Chacks and Dianne for baking JT's birthday cake. James and Tony for sticking right to the end even although they had a long drive home, good effort guys! SteveR, the man you need to know if you ever need to find a mobile phone on a Welsh mountain! Adam Astbury for waiting for us all to wolf down our meals before playing a great set. Tony (Welsh Dragon) for reminding me to actually book the bowling, sorry you couln't make it, but see you 2007! Daniel for getting the 2007 480 calendars over just in time. And not forgeting Rich (thanks for the choccies!), Andy and Alyson for my 'Volvo' parking sign and putting the Welsh Squirrel out of it's misery.... Laugh? I nearly died too! :rofl:

'NW 2007 Xmas Meet' registered trademark of the Chacksfield Corporation all rights deserved.

So just leaves us to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and merry 2007!

Stu & Sue.
Last edited by stu chacks on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

welsh-dragon
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by welsh-dragon » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:45 am

Well done both of you-born organisers! :D
Hopefully will be fully functional and repaired by the next one (and thats me, not the car!)
See Andy is still persisting with the Saxo then? He will have to be educated!
Good effort, Stu as usual.
The only person not mentioned in the credits is the driving force behind you so I'll do that bit-WELL DONE SUE :wave:
Hope you both have a great Xmas AND Happy Wedding Anniversary AND New Year...........WHAT A HAT TRICK EH? :D
'08 Mazda 6 Sport
480 Celebration-37k....SOLD
1996 Volvo 850R estate

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks Tony, looking forward to a relaxing New Year in a couple of weeks for sure! And your right, huge thanks to Sue for not only sorting the eating venue and music afterwards, but for cooking a mean full Welsh breakfast for everyone in the morning too. Eggs, sausage, toast, beans, mushrooms, black pudding and baaa-con. :D

Stu.

Loki
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Loki » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:09 pm

Can i just say it was ME and sarah that won the booby prize. And very proud of the .5!!!!!! :rofl: . Only took us 1 hour 2 get back, mum wasnt happy coz she stayed up waiting 4 us :lol:.

Loki
93, 480 S - 235 red - In Volvo heaven
95, 480 ES - 235 red - Resting - Being reborn!!! :D
99, S70 T5 ex-police - In Volvo heaven
90, 740 Turbo (T5 turbo, Racing CAM + more) - silver - Stolen :(
94, 480 Turbo - 235 red - JT's old car ;)

stu chacks

Post by stu chacks » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Sorry James, updated, you are now the official joint booby winner ;)

Stu.

Loki
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Loki » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :D

Loki
93, 480 S - 235 red - In Volvo heaven
95, 480 ES - 235 red - Resting - Being reborn!!! :D
99, S70 T5 ex-police - In Volvo heaven
90, 740 Turbo (T5 turbo, Racing CAM + more) - silver - Stolen :(
94, 480 Turbo - 235 red - JT's old car ;)