FORUM ISSUES - Report them here

If we want to announce something, like a good update of the website, we will do it here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Re: FORUM ISSUES - Report them here

Post by Alan 480 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:23 pm

[quote=dragonflyjewels post_id=213209 time=1516034676 user_id=5626]
I'm no longer receiving email alerts when I have a PM. I tried setting it up again in my profile but it's still not working. Can you help please ?
[/quote]
nor am i, but i just accept that I have to look at my e-mail account at least once per day :-)

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm

After the most recent forum update we lost the VIP code. Captcha was no problem for the spam bots, so we were forced to disable e-mail functionality. This lead to anying side-effects (notifications, password reset links, etc. were all not being send out).

I was able to revive the VIP code for registration and have enabled e-mail on the forum - I will keep an eye out to see if this effectively prevents bots from registering again.
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

jamescarruthers
480 Is my middle name

Post by jamescarruthers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Thank you Daniel. Hope you are well mate.

We have a member in the UK who was having trouble joining. Rather importantly he is working on the UK launch car (it is back on the road). His name is Keith Cooper and is from Southampton. Do you think you could have a look into what happened to his registration please?

brinkie
480 Connoisseur

Post by brinkie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am

I have brought up that matter to Daniel through the messaging function of LinkedIn since the forum messaging system isn't reliable, but he didn't respond to that. Apparently, he focuses on technical issues, not user administration, and since he is the only person with administration and moderation rights known to the community here, I don't know how the problem with registering new users will be addressed. Unfortunately, despite my urgent plea, he doesn't delegate tasks. :(

Meanwhile I will focus on the UK Facebook group, since that one is open to new users...

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Post by Alan 480 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Note that Daniel did manage to re-instate my account about nine months ago when I had lost my e-mail account (orange ceased to exist :-( )

coyote1980

Post by coyote1980 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:16 pm

jamescarruthers wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:50 pm
Thank you Daniel. Hope you are well mate.

We have a member in the UK who was having trouble joining. Rather importantly he is working on the UK launch car (it is back on the road). His name is Keith Cooper and is from Southampton. Do you think you could have a look into what happened to his registration please?
Hi James,

Yes, I am well, just too busy to do all the things I would like to be doing, so some things end up disappearing from the radar so to speak.

I couldn't find any user either in the recently added club members nor in the forum users database. Do you have any more information with which I could contact him directly?
Daniël Wilten

coyote1980

Post by coyote1980 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:20 pm

brinkie wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:49 am
I have brought up that matter to Daniel through the messaging function of LinkedIn since the forum messaging system isn't reliable, but he didn't respond to that. Apparently, he focuses on technical issues, not user administration, and since he is the only person with administration and moderation rights known to the community here, I don't know how the problem with registering new users will be addressed. Unfortunately, despite my urgent plea, he doesn't delegate tasks. :(

Meanwhile I will focus on the UK Facebook group, since that one is open to new users...
Hi :) you are partly correct, I do not have the time to moderate here and try to focus on keeping the technology up and running, registration should be working properly now again and spam countermeasures seem to do the job in the meantime. When messages arrive in my mailbox I also try to help out with frozen user accounts and lost passwords. That being said I know it's not ideal since I can lose track occasionally.
Daniël Wilten

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Post by jifflemon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 pm

[quote=coyote1980 post_id=213343 time=1517851254 user_id=2]
Hi :) you are partly correct, I do not have the time to moderate here and try to focus on keeping the technology up and running, registration should be working properly now again and spam countermeasures seem to do the job in the meantime. When messages arrive in my mailbox I also try to help out with frozen user accounts and lost passwords. That being said I know it's not ideal since I can lose track occasionally.
[/quote]

Surely the obvious thing to do would be get fresh moderators?

We've no active moderators at all at the moment.
Last edited by jifflemon on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coyote1980

Post by coyote1980 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:38 pm

jifflemon wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 pm
Surely the obvious thing to do would be get fresh moderators?

We've no active moderators at all at the moment.
I agree with you, first step will be to open a topic for this. Hopefully that will lead to one or two fresh moderators on the forum that will be willing to spend their time keeping things running on a more structures basis than what we have now.
Daniël Wilten

brinkie
480 Connoisseur

Post by brinkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:38 am

I think the forum administration is at an all-time low now. The Volvo 480 Club Europe web site frontpage is offline, the homepage shows a Plesk placeholder. E-mail notification of private messages doesn't work. New members registering isn't being followed up.

The current list of moderators and the date of their last login is:
coyote1980: Last active:18 Mar 2018 18:31
Joolz: Last active:15 Jun 2016 18:54
Big Brother: Last active:17 Oct 2017 09:59
Glasgowjim: Last active:09 May 2018 00:51

The only way I can communicate with Daniel (coyote1980) other than through the forum, which he doesn't log on to, is by sending a mail through his LinkedIn account, but he doesn't seem to read that either. Does anyone have a working e-mail address of him?

Meanwhile I have sent Glasgowjim a message through his Facebook account but he doesn't seem to be very active there.

eye of ra
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eye of ra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Oddly I clicked a link the other day that I had never clicked before “The Team” (bottom of every page) and noticed that we have a couple of new moderators.

What I don’t know is if it’s correct and therefore its everywhere else that’s wrong.