Has Anybody Got Dials?

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Has Anybody Got Dials?

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:19 pm

I'm on the quest for some white dials for me car. I don't want to pull all my speedo etc out, so was just wondering if anybody has:

Turbo/Oil Pressure/Volt gauges
Speedo/Rev Counter/Info Centre
Instrument Panels (fogs/main beam/indicators etc)

I need these to be out of the car as in just flat items. Not the whole speedo unit for example, just the card/acetate/whatever it is Volvo print the dials on. I won't damage them in anyway, i just need to be able to scan them in at a very high resolution on my computer...

Let me know! :D
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Williewammes
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Williewammes » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi,

I'm currently drawing my own dials in Autocad. Only problem is that I'm still in search of some turbo and oil pressure gauges, before I will be able to draw those. Previous owner brutely took them out of my poor 480 :badmood:

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send them to you as soon as they are finished (wether in DWG format or JPEG). As soon as I have the turbogauges, then these will be produced too.

There are some differences in the speedometer By the way, so it might be possible that mine is different. Depends if you have MPH or KMPH. Mine is in KMPH (Dutch hey).

We'll see
Greets,

Williewammes

Volvo 480 turbo Paris bleu metallic 1992.
Volvo 480 turbo Grey metallic 1987

Check: www.wdesignonline.tk

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:27 pm

Williewammes wrote:Only problem is that I'm still in search of some turbo and oil pressure gauges, before I will be able to draw those.
If you follow this link, it will take you to a downloads page. If you scroll down towards the bottom, just before the Pocket PC files, you'll see a link for blue dials. That has the oil/boost/volt gauges on it.

I've already got the oil/boost/volt dials-i just need a Uk speedo, info centre, rev counter and as i say, instruments and i can make a proper start.

How are you planning to produce yours by the way? I'm planning on scanning the dials in at a very very hi res, then using Photoshop to take the colour out of the speed markers (in effect making them transparent). A very time consuming job but i do graphics so i'm used to painstaking computer tasks! When i've made all the markers transparent, i can colour the dial any colour i want, then print it on to acetate. Then it should just be a case of laying the new version over the old one, still allowing the markers to glow green like they should... Well, thats the plan anyway.

Oh, and one more thing-what material are you planning on using to print on?
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Williewammes
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Williewammes » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:52 am

I allready have a set of dials in silver metalic (on cardboard) with a blue illumination. Looks pretty awesome, but isn't very usefull. I made them look like the S60R gauges.

I'm now having plans of creating an autocad file and letting some company laser them out for me in aluminium. I probably will be making a lot more so other members on the forum will be able to aquire a set.

I have two relatives who work for a company that will be able to produce them, but I don't want it to cost a lot, so a good timing is required.

The background can be easily printed on a sheet and put behind the aluminium. That way it might even be possible to change the illumination colour from time to time.

A soon as I have more information, I'll let you know (prices and delivery time and so on).
Greets,

Williewammes

Volvo 480 turbo Paris bleu metallic 1992.
Volvo 480 turbo Grey metallic 1987

Check: www.wdesignonline.tk