Stud Diameter

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

hombre
480 Newbie

Stud Diameter

Post by hombre » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 am

Hi all.
Wondering if anyone knows what the diameter and thread pitch (or what ever its called) are of the wheel studs on our 480s. Not sure if it would vary between year. Mines a k reg two tone lambda sond - (is that sweedish for limited edition?).
iv'e bought some wheel spacers and they came with stud extensions, but these were the wrong size. Want to try and get some new ones on ebay.
cheers
h :D

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Post by catgroom » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 pm

Hi Henry!

The Pitch Circle Diameter is 100.

ET,or centre bore,is 35-38.

Im after a set of Alfa 155 16" black Speedlines for mine at the moment so info is fresh in my mind!

So you are purely wanting to make the wheels fill the arches more and get the wheel edges to sit more flush with the arches???

Lambda Sond issss Sveeeedish for Lambda Sensor,it screws into your catalyst sensing the amount of oxygen entering it!

Hope yer well mate!

Steve.

:hopping:
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

hombre
480 Newbie

Post by hombre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:14 am

hi steve. yep wanting to make the wheels fill the arches a bit more, ive just put some 16" tsw evos and it looks brilliant. going to lower it 30mm and then wanted to widen it a little to fill it all out a little. Im wondering the size of the actual bolts, (i think, although i could be wrong you were saying about the wheel size and the distance between studs there?) as the extended ones that came with the spacers are the wrong size to screw in. I got 32mm by mistake, thinking their going to be too wide?? any thought as havent got them on yet. i think i want 25mm maybe.
cheer steve
henry :D

Agwa Moose
480 Veteran

Re: .

Post by Agwa Moose » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:20 pm

catgroom wrote: The Pitch Circle Diameter is 100.

Im after a set of Alfa 155 16" black Speedlines for mine at the moment so info is fresh in my mind!
You might need a set of varibolts for them steve, PCD on a 155 is 98, or would that not make enough difference? (it is only 2mm I suppose)

J
Gwendoyln! They're hanging bicycle parts on me again!

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Post by catgroom » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:40 pm

Cheers Agwa! Gutted! The advert for the ones I have seen said they were 4x100.Im hoping they do fit as Ive just secured an order for 2 from a widebodied 1996 car.

Henry,I think the ET of 35-38 means that the 32mm measurement you had meant they needed to have a slightly wider reach???If that makes sense!Would love to see some pictures of your 2 Tone too!

Steveus.
:D
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

hombre
480 Newbie

changed dash bulbs today

Post by hombre » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:40 pm

wow i replaced a few dead bulbs in my dash today...what a mission, And now Loads of things lite up that i never knew were meant to!... As they were out even when i bought the car over a year ago so knew no different.
Also not sure if it was meant to light up originaly, (if anyone can tell me) when i was taking the headlight twist switch thing out i chipped some paint off next to the marker point that shows what setting its on, eg headlights. so i stuck it back on best i could, and when after replacing the bulb to the fog light and rear window heater area the headlight marker lite up orange around the paint i replaced, so that came straight back off! its an oval shape light next to the white little marker. not sure if volvo decided to cover this up, if anyone elses was painted over?? or maybe just my car and the previous owner, it looked orginal paint though, very strange. looks amazing now, also made the info dial light up after reading another post. looks wicked!
no worries shall posts a picture soon!
h

ReVolvoLution
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: .

Post by ReVolvoLution » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:13 pm

catgroom wrote:Hi Henry!

The Pitch Circle Diameter is 100.

LoL you and your ET / centre bore again Steve!!! :wink:

ET is Offset - 38 to 32 on the 480. This basically means the displacment of the tyre from the hub.... either further in or further out of the arches. I can just never remember which way round it works :?

Centre Bore - 52 on 480. The size of the hub centre that the alloy sits around. Anything larger will fit but should be shimmed up to make it all comfy and stuff ! ! !

Them Alfa wheels are defo 4 x 98 as Agwa said, its only 2mm off so might not cause a problem but the bolts might be a bit tight getting them on?
Could i shim my standard 14's to make them sit out of the arches a bit more? If so where do I get shims?

I had exactly the same bit of paint flake of mine as well just the other day hombre!