Bumber stripes

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

jimmi480
480 Newbie

Bumber stripes

Post by jimmi480 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:03 am

Hi All!

So my bumper stripes were removed when i bought the car and i was fine with it. But today i think it actually add to the design.
So i went to a vinyl wrapping company but they told me that it was quite hard to do. Better to paint it they said..

So my questions, is it even possible to find original stripes and what have you done to your car?

// Jimmi

edie_fox
480 Rookie

Re: Bumber stripes

Post by edie_fox » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 am

Hello :D

My car came with wrapped stripes so it is very much possible. Looks really tidy. The cost saving action that was taken was that the front and rear bumper were done in 2 halves and slightly overlapped in the centre. It really doesn’t show. This saves an entire length having to be used.

Mine are black (you may have a different colour) and it’s done with a slightly metallic black which doesn’t really show but I think does make a difference.

You maybe just need to ask around for more quotes. They probably just don’t want to do it as it’s not a big job no doubt. :(

Good luck.

Espada
Started learning about 480

Post by Espada » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 am

Agree wrapped is the way to go.

Following a very poor repair completed by a local garage I dropped mine into Volvo, Hylton Gott at Downham Market, the request was to make it look like new.

As you can guess a small repair escalated but I would 100% recommend their work.

https://www.facebook.com/HyltonGottLtdV ... =3&theater

Also the overlap noted is original, this they replicated perfectly, a small detail but definitely appreciated.

Regards

jimmi480
480 Newbie

Post by jimmi480 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:23 am

looks superb... Ok then i will take the car to a better wrapper place and make it done.. Mine is black swell, red car :)