removal of front no plate

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

geezer
480 Newbie

removal of front no plate

Post by geezer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Has anyone removed their front no plate completely & used one of those stick on ones ? a la e type jag, on the panel not on the bumper! also is it legal of course?

avaconirl
480 Newbie

Re: removal of front no plate

Post by avaconirl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Did this a couple of years ago. Had a plate made up without the hard acrlic sheet on top of the sheet that had the no's printed on it ,the only prob was that the no's/letters faded. But it looked good maybe there is a better way. Had the plate stuck with a sheet of double sided tape between the driving lights.
Hope this may help.

geezer
480 Newbie

Post by geezer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Ta for reply,have you got any photo s?I think it could look good,the normal no plate mounting looks a bit "overkill",I suppose if was a good idea everyone would be at it!!! :o

blackbelt1990
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by blackbelt1990 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 pm

I took my black mounting plate off and I've stuck a normal plate in the same place, they're flexible enough to do it and mines hasn't come off even through all the bad wether!

The stick on vynal ones are frowned upon, but it's a bit of a grey area. The dvla say no but most MOT shops and police men let it go. My friends has his on his mini mentioned but that was because he was being an idiot at the time!

Google vynal or adhesive number plates, just make sure it's reflective! That's the law! Lol :)
My 480 doesn't break... it just rests
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g181/blackbelt1990/Volvow/sig.jpg[/img]

avaconirl
480 Newbie

Post by avaconirl » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:56 pm

That was not a problem when i did mine .I used the eu standard plate that is reflective and has all of the eu regulation stickers. Never had a problem with the powers that be both here in the south and the north of Ireland. Will try and put up pics in near future.

benwalllker
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by benwalllker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:58 pm

if you search back to my old car project, mine was mounted on the bottom of the grill, two 90degree brackets screwed in simple as that
[img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/benwalllker/phpZe8JMcPM.jpg[/img]