Side skirts & other body parts

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

LIP
480 Newbie

Side skirts & other body parts

Post by LIP » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:26 am

Hi
I was thinking of making some fibreglass side skirts for my 480 later in the year something similar to the Hausser skirts.
I also like the idea of the slanted wings on the nose cone above the front lights which gives the car a meaner look.
I have a spare nose cone I can use for a mould.
There's a pic of a german reg 480 on here somewhere that has that styling with some slots & mesh cut out the nose cone aswell, though I'm not sure that really works. But it has a nice front grill/splitter that would look nice on my car.
I was originally planning to do this just for my car but if there are people out there who would like these things also then I'd consider putting more time & effort into it to make a production mould.
I know there are a couple of guys on here making front & rear spoilers & I don't wish to tread on anyone's toes, so I won't consider making those parts for production that others are already producing to sell.
So side skirts, custom nose cone, front grill/splitter, let me know by spring please.
Is there anyone selling fibreglass rear wheel arches on here as mine need doing this year. I repaired the rust on mine 3 years ago & it's all starting to bubble up again so I think it's time to fibreglass them.

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi.

I dont believe anyone sells rear spoilers, and i also believe that there will be a few interested (tho i dont know how many would put their money where their mouth is!) I however, depending on price, would love a rear spoiler, so if you do decide to make them then let me know!

Also skirts etc, again, no one does any, and like the above, people have expressed interest in producing them, but again, no one put their money where they mouths were! Again, depending on price I ma be interested in skirts etc as well!

The standard front splitters are sold by a guy called Lee, but he is having a break from the forum, so I dont actually know if he is selling them any more, but I know of a couple of people who are interested. Also, if you like the splitter as you described belonging to the other forum member, then this isnt actually a standard spoiler, so i doubt you will stepping on anyones toes over that either.

Good luck with whatever happens! And keep us posted & with pics! ;)
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

deano
480 Newbie

volvo 480 bodykit

Post by deano » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:30 pm

hi every1, iv got a volvo 480 bodykit for sale only 1 around as it has been made and designed by me! also i have a modified bonnet, the doors and the engine any one intrested e-mail me for more info and pics!

timrosser
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: Side skirts & other body parts

Post by timrosser » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Lip, I know this may not be your bag at all but if you fancied making a factory-type front spoiler I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested, well I would be anyway!