Vinyls

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

esta
480 Is my middle name

Vinyls

Post by esta » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:45 pm

Thought i would just post some pics of new vinyls...mainly chuffed as i designed these myself lol!

I was a bit dubious about making any alterations to a GT as i don't want to de-value her, but
A) I have no intentions of selling her, and
B) If the worst came to the worst and i had too, then at least these can be removed if the new owner wished

Anyway, here is the main stripe:

And here is the sunstripe...some have commented on it being a bit boyracer-y, but i'm just proud of my volvo 480 :)

I have stuck with the her own colours of her black stripe and FMR bosy work, this way it stays subtle and doesn't stand out too much in a bad way.

Anyways whatever you guys think, i am pretty chuffed lol woo :hopping:
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

clubman_dan
480 Rookie

Post by clubman_dan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:43 pm

the side stripe looks a lot like the ones they put on the mini clubman gt, nice job, looks factory
'05 Skoda Fabia Vrs- diesel power baby!
'91 turbo oyster grey- full leather, momo wheel, aircon- SOLD
'94 turbo, metallic black- Scrapped
'95 2.0 es SOLD!
'86 mini 1380 rather fast!!
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,clubman-unl-dan,white,black.png[/img][/url]

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am

Like the sidestripes, very Focus ST-ish. :D
Is your car originally from Minories in Carlisle by any chance?

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:14 pm

cool but and i'm sorry but i saw it as Git 480

sorry
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

Darren
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by Darren » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:39 pm

The side stripes don't look too bad, but I'm not overly big on sun-strips in general! The black is definitely the best colour though, I think anything else may have looked very ‘in your face’.!

I'm using good old constructive criticism now, but I think if the side stripe was full length of arch to arch, and had Volvo 480GT though it in the same font as the badges on the tailgate, it would look a bit more authentic!

Funnily enough I was looking at an original Corolla GT at a car show today and I wondered how a 480 would look with similar side styling stripes. The 70s and 80s was quite big for adding stripes to the side sills of cars, and lets not forget the 480 was ontop of the times back in the late 80s! ;)

Imagine this except on a satin white / flame red 480 – all it needs is a couple of model graphics;

[b]Make:[/b] Volvo � [b]Model:[/b] 480 S � [b]Year:[/b] 1995 � [b]Colour[/b]: Black Met. � [b]Engine[/b]: 1721cc

[img]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e279/thisismyminiadventure/V480S/sigavatar/480S_Downhill.jpg[/img]

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Darren wrote:The side stripes don't look too bad, but I'm not overly big on sun-strips in general! The black is definitely the best colour though, I think anything else may have looked very ‘in your face’.!

I'm using good old constructive criticism now, but I think if the side stripe was full length of arch to arch, and had Volvo 480GT though it in the same font as the badges on the tailgate, it would look a bit more authentic!

Funnily enough I was looking at an original Corolla GT at a car show today and I wondered how a 480 would look with similar side styling stripes. The 70s and 80s was quite big for adding stripes to the side sills of cars, and lets not forget the 480 was ontop of the times back in the late 80s! ;)

Imagine this except on a satin white / flame red 480 – all it needs is a couple of model graphics;

Hey thanks for your opinion, i have to agree i think tha volvo 480 on the side stripe would have been better in the original front. Unfortunatly i did this before the sun strip and once i had done the sun strip (which had the original volvo font) i was a little bit disappointed with using the font i had used-i should've thought about it more instead of rushing in to it! I had been messing on good old photoshop when i had designed the side stripe, and i liked the way the GT looked like it was in motion, and as usual rushed into it too quick...this is where i should have used the forum to its full potential and posted my photoshopping before making the vinyls! :lol:

Cheers :wink:

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:55 pm

Roo wrote:Like the sidestripes, very Focus ST-ish. :D
Hey! I never saw this post lol. Why do u ask??? Do you think you know her? :lol:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Post by Roo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:10 pm

esta wrote:
Roo wrote:Like the sidestripes, very Focus ST-ish. :D
Hey! I never saw this post lol. Why do u ask??? Do you think you know her? :lol:
No, I wasn't stalking 480's back then. :lol: Its the AO numberplate that I noticed. Minories is now lloyds and previous to Minories it was Patons. Or it could have been registered in Cockermouth...
I'll get me coat...