de-badging

The Volvo 480 looks good as is, but if you have the desire to give it a more personal look you can find out what others did to their 480 and be inspired.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Steve-o
Started learning about 480

Post by Steve-o » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:00 pm

Ok guys, finally had some time to spend on the 480 today so it was off with the badges. Hot water with a plastic spatula did the job just nicely. Think it looks especially good with it being just red and black now. Did the front too. defo gonna spray the side lights soon.

480 S (turbo badge hahaha), ICE, 15'' 5 spoke's, gradually improving

RichT
Started learning about 480

Post by RichT » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:17 pm

I have taken all the volvo badges off my turbo. i think it looks a lot better. more so if the car is a dark colour like my dark metallic green!

the volvo badges on the side repeaters are an easy job to remove if your careful with a scalpel and very fine grade sandpaper followed by a coat of black paint. I thought about changing them for after market ones but i decided against it and got the white lenses from sweden. looks the biz!

i will try and get some photos if anyones interested.

:D
Saxo VTS? I'd rather walk!!
--------------------------------
95 480 Turbo, Dark Green Metalic, Leather, Manual, 17" fox 5 alloys, powerflow exhaust! Green Cotton Air Filter! http://photobucket.com/albums/v237/nook_76/volvo/

pol
480 Is my middle name

New style volvo badge

Post by pol » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:05 pm

Has anyone ever tried to fit a nice new shiney volvo badge to the front grille? As in the ones seen on newer volvo's. Blue with silver. Ours are black arent they, and although i dont even have a grille at the moment, I reckon a nice new shine blue badge would be nice. Wonder if they'd fit the surround?

pol

Roo
480 Is my middle name

Re: New style volvo badge

Post by Roo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:34 pm

pol wrote:Has anyone ever tried to fit a nice new shiney volvo badge to the front grille? As in the ones seen on newer volvo's. Blue with silver. Ours are black arent they, and although i dont even have a grille at the moment, I reckon a nice new shine blue badge would be nice. Wonder if they'd fit the surround?

pol
Isn't the badge on the 480 connected to the two bars that are either side of it? I dare say a new badge could be modded o fit though and would be a nice update. :D

98kellrs
480 Expert

Post by 98kellrs » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:33 pm

I think its a shame to remove the rear badges, as quite a lot of people don't know this model even exists. SPREAD THE 480 WORD!!!!! Taking the badge off the front is ok though...
Ryan.

1992 480 ES, 110k, Paris blue, custom SS side-exit exhaust, De-catted, custom fibreglass lightweight bonnet, custom fibreglass front spoiler, stripped interior, Slate Black textured metal paint throughout, Cobra Imola S drivers Seat, Ricco 4 point 3 inch harness, Magnecor KV85 leads.

Current Status: A very impressive track car. :-D

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:46 pm

Yeah kind of glued on, but i'm sur it can be changed.

pol

V480TI
480 Expert

debadged

Post by V480TI » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:21 pm

Mine is debadged also, but I have made a combination of Audi characters.
I bought a 2,7T badge and a 1.8

Combine them and I have 1.7 in silver and a red T

Looks nice.

Greetz
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine

robkendall
480 Is my middle name

Re: New style volvo badge

Post by robkendall » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:18 pm

Roo wrote:
pol wrote:Has anyone ever tried to fit a nice new shiney volvo badge to the front grille? As in the ones seen on newer volvo's. Blue with silver. Ours are black arent they, and although i dont even have a grille at the moment, I reckon a nice new shine blue badge would be nice. Wonder if they'd fit the surround?

pol
Isn't the badge on the 480 connected to the two bars that are either side of it? I dare say a new badge could be modded o fit though and would be a nice update. :D
i colour coded mine!!!
basically, pull the two black bars out (they have oppossed clips either side), these can then be sprayed....the centre badge can be eased out gently with a screwdriver...its only glued in.....if you then sand the back of this, it gets rid of the black paint, and leaves the silver.....again, spray this, and hey presto...colour coded badges
rgrds
rob
Warning! This post may contain traces of humour, sarcasm or wit. In case of allergic reaction call 0800 123 456 for free and confidential abuse. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/saracen480/spank.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/saracen480/armynewx.jpg[/img]

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:33 am

Aaah yes.. I did this to a ford badge once... Only trouble is, my car is black, so may be a waste of time!

I may try and get a new volvo badge to experiment with..

pol