B18FT - Injector upgrades

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

R5GTT B18FT
480 Newbie

B18FT - Injector upgrades

Post by R5GTT B18FT » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Dear All,

I recently became the proud owner of a R5 GT Turbo fitted with a B18FT engine, which was fitted back in 2007. As you can imagine the engine has been modified over the years and currently has large intercooler, hybrid turbo, but still runs on standard grey injectors.

I have read on another post the Bosch 0280150804 (green) injectors are a direct replacement.

Does anyone have a list of other injectors that are a direct replacement?

Thanks,
Howard

Great forum by the way, I was told about it by a guy at Adrian Flux insurance. I love the fact that the forum has been around for so long as all information is appreciated.

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Re: B18FT - Injector upgrades

Post by MisterH » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi Howard,

Nice to hear from you.

You have come to the right place I think, however; I must warn you to be prepared to take flak, as many 480 turbos have died in the name of R5 Turbos, as such, the reception may have a degree of animosity.

I personally have nothing against you, as you said the car was fitted with the engine in 2007 when it was very common to do and you did not do the conversion yourself, but my view may not be shared by others.

I wish you the very best in your search for answers, but I haven't actually owned a B18FT, so my input will be limited at best

In spite of all I have said, I think this is the kindest place I know of on the web, and I am sure we can help you out, just hope these engine conversions eventually become a thing of the past

Best wishes
Ben :D
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild