Megasquirt EFI and ignition control

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ade
Can tell where the 480 was built

Megasquirt EFI and ignition control

Post by Ade » Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 am

Hi all,
I am looking to tune up my turbo a little and the first thing on my list is the engine/ignition management. I was just wondering if anyone had used the build it yourself megasquirt system on a 480 turbo and if so what were the results like? A user tuneable system appeals more to me than a richmod or the like, although i may consider if someone has one for sale. :wink:
Important Questions-

1. Can the megasquirt use most of the existing sensors on the bosch LH2.2?
2. Can it control the boost via the electronic wastegate regulator already on the car in a similar way to stock (but again, user tuneable)?
3. Can it make use of the knock sensor and retard the timing in the same way as the LH2.2 for engine safety? (i like my pistons and valves the way they are!)
4. I know that the megasquirt can be configured for C.O.P. ignition, is this straightforward to implement on the b18ft?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,

Ade
O.C. 480 D.

Captain Slow
480 Expert

Re: Megasquirt EFI and ignition control

Post by Captain Slow » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Have you tried searching the forum? I know there have been posts on here regarding megasquirt in the past. I no nothing about such tuning thingies so I dont recall if any posts were just questions that went unanswered or would be very informative...
Previously....
Whitney - 95 N White celebration No.449/480 now with Ladyforatey
Lula - 94 M Volvo 480GT Sold on...
Daphne - 95 M volvo 440si 1.8 73,000K (sold :()

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Megasquirt EFI and ignition control

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

there arte a lot of useful; info on megasqrt. as capt slow said