Richmod ECU or Moded ECU WANTED

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

danielsperry89
480 Newbie

Richmod ECU or Moded ECU WANTED

Post by danielsperry89 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 am

hello all i am new on here but i have been reading and i a richmod ecu (blue) label if you have one email or pm me cash waiting

thalenvisser480turbo
Started learning about 480

Re: Richmod ECU or Moded ECU WANTED

Post by thalenvisser480turbo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:03 pm

pm v480ti for more information of a moded ECU
VOLVO 480 TURBO ,1989 WHITE 199.MODERATOR @volvo480forum.com

pictures of my white love http://www.volvo480forum.com/index.php/topic,247.0.html

danielsperry89
480 Newbie

Post by danielsperry89 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 pm

i emailed him last nigth but have not had a reply yet. have you got a modded ecu in your volvo?

thalenvisser480turbo
Started learning about 480

Post by thalenvisser480turbo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

yes i have an moded ecu in my 480
its makes me smile everytime i drive my 480 :D
VOLVO 480 TURBO ,1989 WHITE 199.MODERATOR @volvo480forum.com

pictures of my white love http://www.volvo480forum.com/index.php/topic,247.0.html

danielsperry89
480 Newbie

Post by danielsperry89 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 pm

fingers crossed i can get on ;) im running 171bhp at the min with out a ecu chip so it should be good when i get one should get over 200bhp easy

V480TI
480 Expert

Post by V480TI » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:21 pm

This ecu mod is set to standard engine, not to a already modded one.
If you still want it, fine, but at own risk.
Have sent you a pm.

Greetz
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine

danielsperry89
480 Newbie

Post by danielsperry89 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

i got one and its melted one of my pistons so not very happy about that

Robou
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Robou » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:15 pm

This is outrageous.
I told danielsperry89 in a pm-conversation he initiated a few days ago that, for reasons that should not be mentioned in public, I would not provide him with an ECU modification.
He clearly states in the above post that my mod, because this is where V480TI is talking about, caused him a melted piston.
This can not be true, therefore is outright slander.
I sincerely hope that either danielsperry89 or one of the moderators will (make him) correct his statement in such a way, that it becomes clear that my mod has nothing to do with the alleged damaged to his engine.
Too old to bother
480 Turbo midst '91

V480TI
480 Expert

Post by V480TI » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:02 am

THIS IS TO CLEAR THINGS UP ******************************************* :wink:

@danielsperry :::

If I read everything in sequence as it should be read, you say that that Robou chip
[(maybe?? .....caused a melted piston) EXPLANATION ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE!!!! !!!! !!!! ]
danielsperry89 wrote:i got one and its melted one of my pistons so not very happy about that
In your PM to me you write that you have bought (and installed) a RICHMOD chip.
So actually you (unwanted I presume) point a finger at Robou (and Richard also I think.... see ::: EXPLANATION)

It maybe wise to alter your message to clear things up.

But, back to your melted engine ::::

EXPLANATION :

Standard turbo engine delivers 120-122hp's and 175Nm.

I wonder what has been done to that engine that it now delivers 171 hp's WITHOUT a chip, maybe just upped the boost way too much ??? without changing anything else such as injection, timing of combustion etc. etc. ???
And with the risk already having damaged your engine before putting an other ecu in ????

All changes to an internal combustion engine (with or without turbo) should be in balance with eachother.
Example : if you put bigger injectors, bigger turbo etc etc. in, you must change all parameters (software) of chip (injection timing, quantity of fuel injected,timing of combustion, and I think 200 other parameters (and maybe more hardware such as air quantity sensor, exhaust diameter, valves and so on)

Like Robou's chip, the Richmod is actually written for standard turbo engines, not for already modded engines, nothing is in balance in your case, hence your piston (or a faulthy injector ? or a faulthy cable harness of an injector??)

( YES YES, I know there are guys running a T25 on a Richmod, but they are lucky, maybe they had luck with the rest of the setup. Hereby I mean that the 'balances' are just oke.)

SO:::: ACTUALLY YOU WANTED TO POINT A FINGER AT THE RICHMOD ECU, BUT THIS IS ALSO INCORRECT I think.

The ecu (whether chipped or standard) of the 400 series turbo can only regulate so much when hardware is changed but go beyond that point and you can expect big, big problems
If your engine can be repaired you maybe should look for a external motormanagent system and try to find out why your engine delivers 171hp's without chip. (megasquirt,DTA, and many more external motormanagementsystems available) and a company whom can tune and finetune everything the way it should be....., but not a Roboumod or Richmod.

(maybe now, if you source a STANDARD turbo engine, you can use that Robou- or Richmod :wink:

Greetz
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 am

I have contacted via pm all concerned about this matter and can categorically state that danielsperry was not sold a modded ecu by either robou or v480ti therefore it can not be responsible for the damage . In fact danielsperry was refused a modded ecu by robou and did not purchase one from v480ti either who acts as a "distributor" for Robou.

So any inference that in regard to Robou's mod causing damage is impossible.

There are only 2 modded ecu's available which have been developed by forum members rpruen and robou . The devlopers were in touch with each other but devoloped their ecus along separate lines.The result is that the 2 modded ecu's handle differently . I have driven a standard turbo with both of these ecu mods and can verify this. Roland has been fastidious in developing a mod which runs the engine within safety parameters so that the engine runs safely. The rpruen mod did so as well,.

In the entire history of both these mods there has never been a documented case of any of them causing damage to a standard turbo engine.

The richmod was colour label specific but there are plenty of posts in regard to this on the forum.

Glasgowjim Moderator

danielsperry89
480 Newbie

Post by danielsperry89 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 am

i have not put the blame on to anyone all i am saying is i bought a second hand modded ecu off a member off of this site and i put it in to my car drove it done the road a few times and then it melted a piston, my wideband was saying i was running rich and i was not running to much boost but

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:04 pm

This is a classic case of a major misunderstanding

Daniel bought a second hand modded ecu (presumably a richmod because they are not uncommon in the UK but a robou mod is relatively rare) put it in and after a short period of time had an engine malfunction.

Unfortunately having a couple of posts enquiring about robou's ecu mod he then posts up the melting piston post omitting to say that it was not a mod acquired from robou/v480ti so the inference that anyone reading the thread would reasonably make was that it was robous mod that was at fault. Which it was not !

This was not his intention to make that implication or to suggest that was the case.

However in the interim both v480ti and robou had responded to the piston post.

I will now lock the thread as I consider the matter resolved.

Any correspondence between daniel and robou v480ti can be made by pm.

Glasgowjim moderator