I may have got the wrong Richmod.....argh!

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

spree
Can tell where the 480 was built

I may have got the wrong Richmod.....argh!

Post by spree » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Ok, so I got the richmod before I got the car as it came up and I was pretty certain it would fit....the Richmod is a blue one....the car is late 93.....

I just edited this actually because I checked what I thought was the ecu but it was the module with the metal box and that had a green label on it.....

I will have to check properly tomorrow now but does this mean that my ecu is a 'green' ecu.....?

Excuse my ignorance on such things....

Anyway, I like the car but it does have a slightly erratic idle at times and the autobox went a bit mad at one point but other then that, 480 ownership is treating me well, just want a bit more poke!

spree

Re: I may have got the wrong Richmod.....argh!

Post by spree » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 am

Well its great to talk to myself on here eh?

:lol:

Anyway, I was of course looking at the wrong ecu.

I have now located my turbo ecu, discovered it was thankfully blue :hopping: , swapped them over and am now very impressed with the difference. :D

It has tranfsormed the car. :kill:

Nice. :twisted:

I will go talk myself out loud now instead of on here.

byeeee.

Iroll480

Post by Iroll480 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Regarding your autobox, refresh the ATF and add a bottle of lubegard before you destroy it with the richmod. Lubegard does wonders for the ZF box, google for it.

spree

Post by spree » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Iroll480 wrote:Regarding your autobox, refresh the ATF and add a bottle of lubegard before you destroy it with the richmod. Lubegard does wonders for the ZF box, google for it.
Nice one mate. I appreciate that. Duly noted and I'm about to go google it now. :)