good boost power without modded ecu ??

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Stephan
480 Newbie

good boost power without modded ecu ??

Post by Stephan » Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi guys,

i´m Stephan from germany and i´m new in your forum.

Now the question:

Can I get a good performance without a modded ecu and only with an MBC ?

The goal is round about 160-170bhp!

So it must be possible to get 160-170bhp with an mbc and 0,? bar of boost,or not?

Why? The ecu can handle a pressure of max. 1 bar. So it would be possible to get 170bhp as simple up the boost, right?

And the other thing is...

Why "bypass" the solenoid ???

When i put the mbc between the wastegate an the solenoid (red hose) it must be work also,or not?
Or between the turbo and the solenoid (black hose),right?

tHx Stephan :hopping:
... mit PS verkauft man Autos - mit Drehmoment gewinnt man Rennen! (Carroll Shelby)

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: good boost power without modded ecu ??

Post by felyx » Tue May 11, 2010 10:00 pm

yes MBC can work , it's just the richmod would boost to about 12psi in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear , and then about 15psi in forth and 5th gear and was designed by somebody with a very good understanding of fuel maps who happened to have use of a dyno for about a month so the richmod is better and safer.

but with an MBC a 3.3bar vfpr (variable fuel pressure regulator) K+N type air filter and a cold intake you can still have lots of fun , if your boost goes to the end of the yellow you have between 160bhp and 170 bhp. so if you cant get a richmod you'll be ok and still have fun .

also use high octane super unleaded as the ecu will adjust the igntion advance for better fuel . cheers Felyx
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

Stephan
480 Newbie

Re: good boost power without modded ecu ??

Post by Stephan » Thu May 13, 2010 6:25 pm

@ felyx

tHx a lot ! ! ! :hopping:
... mit PS verkauft man Autos - mit Drehmoment gewinnt man Rennen! (Carroll Shelby)