fuel pressure regulator

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

r5b18ft
Knows where Volvo is from

fuel pressure regulator

Post by r5b18ft » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:33 am

Does anyone know if these kits on ebay supply a compatable fuel rail adapter to fit a 480 turbo fuel rail ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Pressure-Reg ... 286.c0.m14

Sieger
Started learning about 480

Post by Sieger » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:36 pm

i have 1 of these to , i just welded the original fuelrail
Renault 5 GTT *volvo 480 turbo power*

161 BHP & 230 Nm @ 10 Psi -->Now running on 18 Psi :P

soon --> new engine in with 315cc injectors t25/28 turbo an BIGMOD :)

yknot
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by yknot » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 am

me too
volvo 480turbo 1990 RICHMODED, adjustable FPR, SSQV BOV, free flow exhaust. - sold
1.6 16v Suzuki Samurai with many mods.
Nissan Note DCi

LIP
480 Newbie

re fse kit

Post by LIP » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi
I've put exactly the same fuel pressure regulator on my 480 1.7 non turbo.
They don't come with the correct adapter you have to buy it seperately which you'll also find on ebay in the 480 section. If you can't find one I have a web link for the company but it's the same people who've been selling on ebay in the 480 section, there's only one being sold so you should find it. I think it''s about 25 quid but it fits perfectly to the original fuel rail in place of the original & then you mount the fse valve somewhere away from electric wires.
I used a right angle bracket & bolted that to the inside of the passengers side front wheel arch where you'll find a couple of pre drilled holes you can use & then connect the fuel line from the valve to the adapter & hook up the vacuum line to the manifold as per the original pressure regulator.
I've set mine up at 3 bar at tick over, under normal driving it won't use any more petrol but when you put your foot down or crank the throttle linkage by hand you'll see the needle in the dial jump upto 3.5-4 bar momentarily & then it drops back to where you set it at 3 bar.
I found by upping the stock pressure by half a bar tick over was slightly smoother & you don't get any hesitation upon fast acceleration.
Before you remove the stock regulator, floor the pedal & note what your rev limit is then check again after you've put the fse valve on you should find your rev limit increased by about 500 rpm maybe a bit more.
I love my fse valve my car goes like stink now, me & my mate just recorded a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds & I can hit 70mph in second gear fully floored, though I've done some other mods too.
Check out my other posts regarding the fse valve & tuning a non turbo to see what i've done, they're all low cost mods.
It's going to cost you about 50 quid for the fse valve & adaptor & it's probably the best 50 quid you can spend on a 480, recommended.
LIP

LIP
480 Newbie

ps

Post by LIP » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Sorry didn't realise it was a turbo so not sure if it will do the same to a turboed car, though I'm sure the same company sell one for a 480 turbo fuel rail, email then via ebay they're helpful.