flywheels and ecus

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

renvo1916v
480 Newbie

flywheels and ecus

Post by renvo1916v » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:43 pm

does any one know what flywheels went with what ecus?this is the first iv heard of it and it mite explain some issues.cheers.
also do the two ecu have to be the same colour?
if some one could write me a table to say
60-1 flywheel =red fuel ECU and red Ignition ecu.
but with the correct info not my guess work :(
Tom

P.S.does moving the crank possition sensor on the bracket make any difference to anything worth while? :?
if in doubt, get a bigger hammer

terrastudios
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: flywheels and ecus

Post by terrastudios » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 am

renvo1916v wrote:does any one know what flywheels went with what ecus?this is the first iv heard of it and it mite explain some issues.cheers.
also do the two ecu have to be the same colour?
if some one could write me a table to say
60-1 flywheel =red fuel ECU and red Ignition ecu.
but with the correct info not my guess work :(
Tom

P.S.does moving the crank possition sensor on the bracket make any difference to anything worth while? :?
Not sure on the 60-1 flywheel (not seen one of these, but never worked with a turboed version of the renault engines), certainly the B20F, B18U and F7P (16v Renault engine) all use a Renix 44-2-2 flywheel.

Moving the flywheel sensor on a 44-2-2 will give you a few degrees advance, but probably not really worth the effort. Get an aftermarket ECU in if you really want to fiddle with ignition timings.
Website - http://www.tracklogic.co.uk/
Fenix protocol converters, OBDII, wide band controller, GPS, lap timers