Some advice please!

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

turbomike
480 Newbie

Some advice please!

Post by turbomike » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 pm

First post on here so be gentle :D !Just got my first 480 piper1st old car! Looking to get the power up a bit but use the car as a daily driver so I still need it to be reliable!

From reading on here I see that rich mod is the way to go! I know he is extremely busy so my plan is to find a second hand ecu and send that so I dont need to have the car off road.

So my question is where is the ecu located? I know theres two. Do I need to send them both? Can I swap colours of ecu?

Any help would be great!

Cheers
Michael

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:42 pm

you only have to have the ignition ecu out. It is lvery easily accessible and located to the left of the drivers foot. Just pull up the little piece of side trim on the left of the drivers pedals you will see the ECu box pull off the tubing and disconnect and slide out. If you slide out the ecu you should be able to see the colour of the sticker on it. There is also a richmod ecu for still for sale which does turbos 1992 on . Or a standard ecu blue label which again does turbos from 92 onwards available pm me :D

regards jim.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:57 pm

turbomike you have a pm

turbomike
480 Newbie

Post by turbomike » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Checked my inbox but theres nothing there tried to PM You too!

Cheers
Michael