A clear way to turn up boost pleassse?

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Djleary
480 Newbie

A clear way to turn up boost pleassse?

Post by Djleary » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Hey guys im new here so hello to you all, i want to know if you can help me, i want to turn the boost up on my car and it does not get any more than 0.7 bar which is ok but i wanna get the 1bar mark up lol, i have a MBC and if i turn it up anymore the fuel cut off kicks in and it will not let it boost any higher than 0.5bar unless i turn the ignition off and back on again, so in a nut shell how do i actually go about stopping the ecu stepping in and spoiling my fun :D

any help is much appreciated

Thanks
Ryan
Loving the B18FT engine!

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by felyx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:55 am

you need the bypass the boost solinoid- ( at the back of the engine bay above the turbo bolted onto the engine bay ) - to stop the ecu killing the ignition (because it's trying to stop you over boosting) search previous posts with the search engine on this forum under MBC connections etc and there are clear colour photographs of what to do.

IMPORTANT with disconnecting the hoses from the boost solinoid be very carfull as it is easy the snap off the black plastic connecters that the hoses atatch to , also you will nedd 3 dinky jubilee clips.

i would boost to only 12psi to begin with .

also make sure the car is stage zero , i.e serviced and running sweet before hyping the boost , plugs filters and oil rotor arm and dizzy and injector cleaner etc about £55 to £60 all in from GSFCARPARTS online or in a town near you.

cheers felyx
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by felyx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:00 am

heres the link on what to do kindly supplied by MHUK a forum member

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/volvoforum/MBC.jpg [/img]

also this will help but no pictures

http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/vi ... hlight=mbc
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

Djleary
480 Newbie

Post by Djleary » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Hey thanks for the info, but i have already fitted my MBC and the boost solinoid has already been bypassed the only way my engine knows what boost the car is recieveing is through the tube going from the inlet manifold to my orange ecu and it only lets me have 0.7 bar of boost do i have to change something in the ecu or put a piggy back device on it (3bar map sensor) or anything like that?

Thanks mate
Loving the B18FT engine!

Djleary
480 Newbie

Post by Djleary » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:13 pm

Well left to my own devices......, i kinked tht hose which goes to the ecu and it boost to whatever i fancy, but i only let it boost once as it will obviously run lean, therefore i do need to get a 3 bar map sensor dont i?, if i do, how do i connect this to the ecu does anybody know?

again thanks for your help, most appreciated
Loving the B18FT engine!

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 am

if you want silly boost you need a new ECU (MS or emerald ect ect + new loom) or a super rich ecu with a 3map sensor running off his ECU. Standard ECU or a standard rich mod ecu will not take a 3 bar map sensor.

The super rich mod takes a 3 bar only.

do a search for rich super mod
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT