My day visit to Rich!!!

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

sr480t
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

My day visit to Rich!!!

Post by sr480t » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 pm

About a month ago organised to have my 480 turbo running V6 injectors and a 3 bar map sensor, and yesterday it happened. I left basildon about 7am with a full tank of petrol, got to weston super mare about 11am, and used about half a tank of fuel. After killing alot time down the beach, i finally got the call from Rich that my beast was ready. I took it for a test run with Rich in the car and straight away i could feel quiet alot of difference, however the roads were unfimiliar to me so i couldn't really give it a proper test. However, on the way home the acceleration in 3rd 4th and even 5th was very responsive and very powerful, obviously not gonna mention the speeds what i was doing, but it left many cars standing. :lol: The down side is it used the whole tank of fuel on the way home :( , but well worth it. Once i got home to Basildon, i went to my "friends private race track" and raced a 06 plate Golf GTI, which are 200bhp and we were dead even in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then we had to brake. Also Rich gave me a short list of things i need to do, which i would not of got from anyone else tuning my 480 turbo. Thanks again RICH!!! Shamir.

VanDerGraaf
480 Is my middle name

Post by VanDerGraaf » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:43 pm

Great stuff Shamir, nice to hear someone praising Richard's efforts for a change.
:)

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:44 pm

VanDerGraaf wrote:Great stuff Shamir, nice to hear someone praising Richard's efforts for a change.
:)
Here here!

Good to hear Shamir-just hope you've a good wage coming in to back up the petrol. Was this an expensive conversion? And did you re-fill the tank and then empty it, or just empty the half that was left?

Sounds good fun! :)
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

sr480t

Post by sr480t » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Well iam an air conditioning engineer so were quiet busy at the moment, so the overtime is helping with the fuel bill. The injectors and the 3 bar map sensor and chipping to the ECU was just under £500, which is pretty average price. However, they don't have the expertise of Rich. The half that was left when i gave the car to Rich was used up when Rich was tuning and testing it. So i had a near enough empty tank when i got it back so before i left Weston super mare i filled up and when i got back to Basildon i had the 30 mile warning light on. So basically 220 miles on 50 litres of fuel, or 60 litres not sure. And Rich is the daddy of 480's, i'll defend him to the death. Shamir.

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:24 pm

Good stuff!!
It probably feels more thirsty than it is, once you get used to the extra power you wont use it as much and that'll save fuel :D

Rich=Good guy!!

Ive got a dual layer purple ECU and Richard did me a special mod for it, the car is quicker and uses less petrol too, how unfair is that ;)
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

sr480t

Post by sr480t » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:03 pm

Oh rub it in a bit more Murf!!! Only joking mate, not too bothered about the fuel consumption, if you wanna go faster your gonna use more fuel, end of! The funny thing is i'am getting the same fuel comsumption as my brothers bosses Porche Carrera 4S = 200 miles 60 litres. Nevermind, becoz i only use my car on a saturday to go cruising and a couple of times during the week to go to the gym, so no real heavy mileage.

rpruen
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by rpruen » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:45 pm

Glad you are happy.

It's nice to see :)

Having put quite a bit of time into all this stuff, it's that, that makes it worthwhile, rather than anything else.

I have had a quick look at the thread where someone has a go at me. Superchips would have charged you 500 quid or so, and given about 25 bhp extra. That wouldn't have included a set of flow matched injectors, and 3 bar map sensor.

I wish I had more time, because my own car hasn't moved forward a great deal for a while, let alone other peoples ECUs. I do feel bad about that, and guess it's time to start looking for another job :(

Richard
Car Status: Squashed :(
Now have 765 GLE 2.8 V6