Next step after richmod?

For those of you not faint of heart, who believe the Volvo 480 should have more torque and horsepower, find all you need to know in here.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

owen080808
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by owen080808 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Ettore Bugatti wrote:Correct me if Im wrong but a t2 at 0,9 bar will give the same power as a t25 at 0,9 bar.
Perhaps it flows better so a t25 will produce more HP, but Im not entirely sure.
is it not all about cfm's? larger inlet/turbo etc diameter at the same pressure will flow a larger volume of air, i think??

also, like john says cooler = better :D
Currently car-less

| '92 turbo + Rich mod | Sold

| '90 turbo + Seized engine | gone to the volvo dealer in the sky

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/owen080808/480%20turbo/avatar.jpg[/img]

rpruen
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by rpruen » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Also the exhaust backpressure is an issue. The important pressure diff is that between the exhaust port and intake port. The bigger turbine nozzel will result in less backpressure for the same gas flow, so will allow more air to flow through the engine.

The bigger turbo will make more power than the T2, even with the same boost. The temperature is also an issue, as is comressor efficiency. At 1 bar the T2 is not operating in it's best part of the compressor map, so is turning more of the energy into heat.

With the standard ECU mod the ECU may reduce the boost at higher RPM withthe bigger turbo, because the injector duty is too high (to stop the engine running lean).

All I can say is try it and see waht happens.

Richard
Car Status: Squashed :(
Now have 765 GLE 2.8 V6