Rover 220GSi 3dr 1994 - Up for sale

Sometimes it's fun just to snoop around other peoples junk. Or you might be looking for something you can't find elsewhere. Then this section is for you!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Rover 220GSi 3dr 1994 - Up for sale

Post by MisterH » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Hi there all, I doubt if anyone is interested but on the off chance, here is my 1994 Rover 220GSi which I have finally decided to move on to fund a new project.

In terms of mileage it has covered c.87500

The car drives really really well, although the track rod ends do need a slight adjustment (the steering wheel is at an angle when driving straight ahead, but the car doesn't pull in any direction). In addition to this, it does have a drain on the battery somewhere which we haven't been able to trace, hence we have fitted an isolator to it. It also has a slight leak from the rocker cover (although we have put some sealant in to protect the plugs

I have pretty much complete history from bill of sale onwards, I undertook a full service on it last year including a dyno test which produced a clean bill of health (have the sheets and an extensive A-Level research project) if you are interested, and the car hasn't really been heavily used since then, only being used as a daily in December and a couple weeks this month.

The interior is very clean, the rear seats have hardly been sat in. The exterior is also fantastic, although there are a couple of rust spots on the cosmetic sill flares which I have applied Vactan. You will also notice two storage dents on the front wing.

The car was bought new by a Navy Man who used it to commute from Taunton to Portsmouth twice a week, until 2006 when it was put away in a nice garage and not woken until 2018, when the guy we bought it off got it and got it back on the road. We continued it's recommissioning and while it still has a couple issues, it otherwise drives very nicely. In terms of the important bits, it still has all its original dealer stickers, plates, and headlight covers (one has a crack which we have halted the progress of). Everything works on the car as far as I know, but the clock is sometimes a bit faint, and the keys require a new fob battery (using the key lock at the moment)

It has been covered in a few pieces of media* including my friend Gavin's Petrolblog, and articles of my own on DriveTribe.

I have priced it at £2870, but I am willing to accept a reasonable offer within the region of that price (I want to fund a new project)

Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or want some specific pictures (I can do a walk round video if you so wish), or indeed a viewing *gasp* remember those?

Many thanks for your consideration

Ben
https://postimg.cc/gallery/x2h0qCX
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Rover 220GSi 3dr 1994 - Up for sale

Post by dcwalker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am

Good looking little car Ben!

I'm not in the market although it's a car I like from an era I always turn back to - good luck with the sale; I am sure you'll find her a loving new home :D

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Re: Rover 220GSi 3dr 1994 - Up for sale

Post by MisterH » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:20 pm

dcwalker wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am
Good looking little car Ben!

I'm not in the market although it's a car I like from an era I always turn back to - good luck with the sale; I am sure you'll find her a loving new home :D

David
Thanks David, hopefully some of the Shiters (I have posted this on Autoshite) will take a shine to it!
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild