hallo Mr. flame red N*** TOX!!

When you spot a 480 and wonder if it's someone from the forum: ask it here! One rule: do NOT post registration plates.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

deviliShred480
480 Rookie

Post by deviliShred480 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:08 am

abc
Last edited by deviliShred480 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:55 am

@ Ally - a mini meet was Murf's idea and we're talking it over at the moment. It'll be pretty informal - possibly a convoy cruise to the beach, a barbie, a wee partay in the evening etc......no decisions made yet. I'll pm you when we've got a bit further with the idea! :D

If anyone else out there is interested in coming- pm me and let me know! if there's enough of us we might start a meetings thread. :D EDIT - VanDerGraaf has just said he's up for this too

anyway back on topic.......I'm intrigued by DeviliShred's photo.....

maybe the idea of a mini-meet might persuade any local 480ers to get in touch and join the club!
Sx
1995 M reg 2.0l flamer, with Ltd Ed interior, sadly departed, but not forgotten

donpaulo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by donpaulo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:55 am

Hi Sallysal

That was me in the celeb the other day. Edinburgh is swarming with 480's, you can hardly move for them. I've seen 7 different ones in the last 3 days. I was on my way back from Murray volvo that day (spotted the green one there too), was ordering my regulation replacement heater control knob(mine looks like a dogs been at it), stopped at halfords to pick up a new front plate (cracked), then onto shell abbeyhill for an optimax treat and a wash(nearly lost my front spoiler pulling out too fast funnily enough), then down to work, passed you for my first ever 480 flash. (my workmates didn't find this as impressive as I for some reason?)

Another exciting day in the life of a 480!

How about yellowcraigs for a mini meet. Big car park and handy BBQ area. Hope I can make it. I'm a busy boy this month.
480 celebration 119/480. red. GCH. Sml Gdn.all mod cons. Can I have a turbo please anybody? Land Rover series 3 SWB 1981, no cup holder. pug106 diesel, 8000mpg, 12p per month insurance.

Ally
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by Ally » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:12 am

Yellowcraigs was my first idea too - dead easy to get to for me :-D and loads of room for an uncluttered mini 480 photo shoot...

John Muir country park along at Dunbar (just of the dual carriageway) is similar to Yellowcraigs and probably easier to find for people that aren't from the area, plus the car parking is free...

The only other place I could think of was up Arthur's seat, but there's not exactly much to do once you've got there.

Not fussed on location though - more interested in somewhere that'll attract the biggest number and anything on this side of the country seems very resonable to me.
Fred - 1995 480 2.0i ES - Dark Green Metallic (106,000 miles)
Dave - 1993 480 2.0i ES - Steel Grey Metallic (148,000 miles)

sallysal
480 Veteran

Post by sallysal » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:23 am

donpaulo wrote:Hi Sallysal

That was me in the celeb the other day. Edinburgh is swarming with 480's, you can hardly move for them. I've seen 7 different ones in the last 3 days.
How about yellowcraigs for a mini meet. Big car park and handy BBQ area. Hope I can make it. I'm a busy boy this month.
Aha! Hallo donpaulo!!! :D
yup Yellowcraigs was one of the places I had in mind too! :D
July is a manic month for me so this may have to be one weekend in August - we'll talk dates and stuff.

I'll put a thread in the meeting section when I've spoken the guys from the 'land of milk and honey'.............. :lol: .you've got such an ironic sense of humour Murf :wink:
Sx

I saw a black one along Ferry Road the other day that I hadn't seen before!
1995 M reg 2.0l flamer, with Ltd Ed interior, sadly departed, but not forgotten

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:58 pm

Would you trust your kids with Mr Ben?
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT