Cars at the Happy cafe Sandtoft

When you spot a 480 and wonder if it's someone from the forum: ask it here! One rule: do NOT post registration plates.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

richard-smyth
Knows where Volvo is from

Cars at the Happy cafe Sandtoft

Post by richard-smyth » Tue May 03, 2022 6:01 am

Hello, attended Cars at the Happy cafe Sandtoft near Scunthorpe car meet last weekend in Pudsey my R2 rescue 480 and the first car we spotted on arriving was another 480, a lovely 2 litre 1993 automatic in a bluey silver colour Reg Kxx SHS, Had a quick chat with the gentlemen owner about our cars and he said he had owned his for 7 years now and that you never see another one out and about except maybe at a real car show. I was busy meeting up with friends in their cars, a Lotus Cortina, a Mini pickup and a Mk 2 Vauxhall Cavalier. My friend Paul in his Cavalier won the best car since 1986 rosette. After meeting them and then watching small planes take off and land on the air strip behind the Happy cafe whilst having our lunch with my lad and his friend, I was going to at last have a look around the other cars at the meet and hopefully have more of a chat with the other 480 owner and mention this forum, but unfortunately he had gone. Which is understandable as time was getting on, especially for someone who had been there since the start at 10am. Afterwards we went to the nearby interesting Trolleybus museum. It was all a really good day out.
Cheers, Richard.

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: Cars at the Happy cafe Sandtoft

Post by jifflemon » Tue May 03, 2022 7:14 am

Did you point the owner in the direction of this forum?
I’m always amazed by the number of people who are out there owning a 480 and not realising there are more people like them about!

richard-smyth
Knows where Volvo is from

Re: Cars at the Happy cafe Sandtoft

Post by richard-smyth » Tue May 03, 2022 7:01 pm

It was all a bit frantic when we arrived. Thought he had refered to this forum but over lunch relised he must have instead been refering to the Volvo owners club. So went to look for him but his 480 had gone. . . .