Black ES Leeds

When you spot a 480 and wonder if it's someone from the forum: ask it here! One rule: do NOT post registration plates.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

yorkshire480
Knows where Volvo is from

Black ES Leeds

Post by yorkshire480 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Spotted this afternoon @ 2:15pm on the M621 headed eastbound towards Leeds. Black ES with pops up!
I shot past in the 'fast' lane and then hung back before coming off at Elland road. It was an M reg I think.

kaynadog
480 Newbie

Re: Black ES Leeds

Post by kaynadog » Sat May 17, 2014 1:28 pm

That was me - well spotted. Yes, a black M-reg ES, which I've had for over 4 years, with lights in the up position. They've only been like that for a month but I want to get it through the MOT next month (should be okay) before searching for new headlight motors.

I did spot you (I think you waved) and I did flash my headlights. I was visiting the north from my home in Cornwall and was concentrating hard on not getting lost as I went to see my friend in Leeds for the afternoon. I failed miserably on the not getting lost front but got there eventually.

Now back in Cornwall. Yours was the only other 480 I saw during my week away.

yorkshire480
Knows where Volvo is from

Re: Black ES Leeds

Post by yorkshire480 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 am

Ha! Leeds is fairly easy to get lost in what with it's one way system.

I think a forum member has some headlight motors up on ebay at the moment if you've not clocked those already.

Seeing another 480 on the road is a rare occurrence round here especially now strong Tom has sold his turbo and moved away. I was genuinely excited. Sad I know!