6x9's in the boot - and fotos to show construction ...

In case you performed a procedure on your 480 which you would like to share with other 480 drivers: please post a 'manual' here. The threads on this forum aren't open for debate, if you read a manual and it can do with an improvement: please persuade the writer by PM to alter a certain part. If you feel the manual is incomplete then make a brief addition in a reply to the thread. Just don't start debates in this forum.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

timrosser
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: 6x9's in the boot - and fotos to show construction ...

Post by timrosser » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Just wondered, did the infinity's run of the head unit instead of the rear door 13cm speakers or are they running of their own amp? As this thread is 5 years old I'm not holding my breath here ;-)

piper1st
480 Is my middle name

Re: 6x9's in the boot - and fotos to show construction ...

Post by piper1st » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:30 am

timrosser wrote:Just wondered, did the infinity's run of the head unit instead of the rear door 13cm speakers or are they running of their own amp? As this thread is 5 years old I'm not holding my breath here ;-)
... and breathe!! :lol:

They ran off their own amp! You are always going to get a much better sound when running 6x9's off an amp. I ran the power cables and remote cable for the amp down the passerenger side and the phono audio cables down the drivers side to minimise interfrence. I put stong velcro on the back of the amp, so it stuck nicely to the back of the rear seats. Alternatively, you can put the amp under the passenger seat and just run speaker cable to the boot.
Current:
Honda Civic ES I-VTEC
previous:
BMW E46 330i SE Touring
VW Mk4 Golf V6 4Motion
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR ST205 WRC
1995 (M) Dark Grey Metallic 480 Turbo
1994 (M) Flame Red Metallic 480GT
1992 (J) Black Metallic 480ES 1.7i