Door Card Removal

In case you performed a procedure on your 480 which you would like to share with other 480 drivers: please post a 'manual' here. The threads on this forum aren't open for debate, if you read a manual and it can do with an improvement: please persuade the writer by PM to alter a certain part. If you feel the manual is incomplete then make a brief addition in a reply to the thread. Just don't start debates in this forum.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Door Card Removal

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:23 pm

Tools required:
1x Narrow Flatheaded Screwdriver
1x Phillips Screwdriver
6x Door Clips (Optional) (Volvo part No: 3121595)

**All images open in a new bigger window once clicked!**

1) Pull the door release leaver out, slip your fingers behind the release and pull gently towards you.

2) Remove the trim panel (just pulls out) to reveal the screw’s. There are 4 which need removing. There are 3 along the door handle, which are quite large, and one right at the narrow end of the trim panel recess which is like an interior screw, quite small. Remove all 4.

3) Take your flat bladed screwdriver now, and remove the speaker cover. Just a simple lever out should do the trick0don’t be frightened to give it a little force as they do tend to fix quite well….probably the only bit that doesn’t rattle in the interior :lol: Insert the screwdriver at the bottom to avoid and damage to the visible parts of the cover.

4) Once the cover is off, there are 2 screws which need removing. One on the top left, the other is bottom right.

5) With the speaker screws removed, you can now push the door card up slightly (to lift it off the clips on the underside), and get your fingers underneath it. Pull the door card towards you. With your spare hand, slide your fingers under the panel underneath the wing mirror to gain a little more leverage. With a little wiggling you should now be able to lift the door card off. It may also be a bit tight round the inner door lock pin, so it’s just a case of wiggling around until it comes free.

Image Image

6) Carefully rest the door card on your knee’s, and unclip the speaker and tweeter wires from the Volvo speaker.

7) And there you have it-the door card is now off. Easy peasy!

8 ) Should you want to, replace the clips at the bottom of the door. Lever the old ones out and just clip the new ones in. Even if your’s are ok, I’d still recommend changing them as the new clips won’t be as brittle as the old ones!

Image Image

From here you can: Remove the speaker and door pocket, and remove the door handle should it need replacing (they do have a tendancy to split across the seam on the inside of the handle). You can see on the pictures where the screws for the doorpocket and speaker are, the ones for the handle are just on the reverse.

And to finish, in true Haynes style, refitting is a reversal of the removal :lol: (Just remember to reconnect your speakers….we’ve all done it!)
Last edited by Dan the 480 Man on Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:36 pm

8 ) Should you want to, replace the clips at the bottom of the door. Lever the old ones out and just clip the new ones in. Even if your’s are ok, I’d still recommend changing them as the new clips won’t be as brittle as the old ones!
These little clips are not on 95 models.

We have much better bigger clips :P
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

robdean
480 Newbie

Re: Door Card Removal

Post by robdean » Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

I know this tread is years old but wanted to say thanks - it helped where Haynes hindered!

DEATH
480 Newbie

Re: Door Card Removal

Post by DEATH » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 am

Goood i can open my door now
Thanks