Paris the Unicorn joins the club !

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Re: Paris the Unicorn joins the club !

Post by dragonflyjewels » Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm

I can see Paris had a visit to the Pamper Parlour

Far more illumination than any other of our 480s - Blackpool cry your eyes out :lol:

In the short time David had her, the dash came off to sort out various switches that weren't working, which turned out to be greenery growing inside. Obviously been wet behind there at some point in the past but there's no evidence of it on the carpets. Have to keep an eye on that. Anyway, thanks to David there's a lot working now that wasn't before and the inside had a good clean as well, so a big well done for cramming so much into a short visit.

I had a bit of a panic when I went through the pile of bills that came with her - no cambelt since 2005 ! However, the bills were all from the same garage, and nearly all for an annual MoT and service. No bill for 2011 or 2017, so a quick check on the online MoT history which showed a pass every year and the evidence was pointing to missing bills. A phone call to the garage resolved it all - cambelt changes done in 2011 and 2017, and they very kindly emailed me a pdf of their work history records. Perhaps the previous owner kept records of cambelts separately as reminders of when to get it done again ?

With Snazzy in for servicing and Lily on sorn, I've been using Paris and even with me getting in and out of the passenger door, the driver's hinge has got noticably worse. The door now won't even stay locked shut. All I do is close it gently whilst pushing in and up with my knee to hold it in position whilst I lock it. I've tried opening the driver's window before I close the passenger door but as soon as I pull away the drivers door unlocks and shows daylight over my shoulder. She's booked into the bodyshop for mid July, so she'll be off the road until then.
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
Paris the Unicorn - 1991 Paris Edition
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

no previous 480s - can't bear to sell any

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Paris the Unicorn joins the club !

Post by dcwalker » Thu May 12, 2022 7:33 am

No way could she leave here with dashboard lights out! :lol:

So pleased to read that generally speaking Paris is shaping up very nicely, Sylvia. Shame about the door, but a common problem easily fixed, albeit annoying it stops you driving her for the foreseeable future...

David
Current: 1994 480 GT plus 2013 V60 D5 SE Lux Nav & 1997 440LE with lots of optional extras
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!