Rescue Car: R4 - our first turbo rescue !

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Re: Rescue Car: R4 - our first turbo rescue !

Post by dragonflyjewels » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:57 pm

The black turbo has an almost identical rev counter so could you make that two please. R6 hasn't arrived yet and R7 looks fine. Of course, I'm looking at them in daylight on cars with flat batteries so I don't know if we might get sparkly backgrounds when they are up and running. If only they were parked in a neat row with easy access to the bonnets :?

It's taken me ages to realise that FOTU is the Festival of the Unexceptional - I even tried googling it! Brain cells are not abundant these days :lol: :lol: :lol: It wasn't til I thought, hang on, isn't Jeff going to that event with us on 31st July that the light bulb came on. :rofl:
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

brinkie
480 Veteran

Re: Rescue Car: R4 - our first turbo rescue !

Post by brinkie » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:07 pm

My brain always connects the U to Unexpected. (Jeff knows that I will subsequently connect that to the Spanish Inquisition :lol:)

Anyway, there's three complete red/yellow clusters in my loft that need to be dismantled, those have rev counters that never peel. So either I will bring those or send them by mail.
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Vase Green, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum Mystic Silver
Past: 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena 2.2 Rouge Mephisto, 1995 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Paris Blue