Snazzy's story

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: Snazzy's story

Post by dcwalker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:36 am

Sylvia, Snazzy looks amazing :D :D

The blue & silver two-tone really suits the car, and since John de Vries obviously thought so as well who's to argue?

Without wishing to be rude, ! am not totally sure about the interior - from the photos there is just something niggling me as not quite right, I think maybe the grey is a tad lighter than I would have gone for? Not sure...and I fully I expect that when I get to see it for real I will find it works really well!

One really minor question, though, just out of interest: why didn't you continue the silver lower half round into the inner edges of the door-frame? I like the sill-tread but noticed it still sat against blue, when I would have assumed it would be silver...

Amazing though, you should be really pleased with that!

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1995 Celebration 331 (plus 2004 C70 Collection & 1995 440 ES)
Previous: Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Post by dragonflyjewels » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Without wishing to be rude, ! am not totally sure about the interior - from the photos there is just something niggling me as not quite right, I think maybe the grey is a tad lighter than I would have gone for? Not sure...and I fully I expect that when I get to see it for real I will find it works really well!
Not rude at all - actually, I quite agree with you ! My thinking at the time was that the silver paintwork would be very pale so pale grey leather but when I saw it back in the interior I did regret not going with a mid-grey closer to the colour of the old fabric. It's slowly growing on me tho.
One really minor question, though, just out of interest: why didn't you continue the silver lower half round into the inner edges of the door-frame? I like the sill-tread but noticed it still sat against blue, when I would have assumed it would be silver...
sings 'money money money, it's a rich man's world' The bodyshop bill was extortionately expensive, just about 3 times as much as my old bodyshop quoted, so I cut a corner there. Also had a few thoughts - a. I don't know if the Volvo two tone has silver in the door frame and b. if Snazzy outlives my driving days, it makes it slightly less expensive if her next owner wants to return her to original livery
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

Jay-Kay-Em
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Jay-Kay-Em » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi Sylvia

Many congratulations on getting SNA22Y back!

If you have survived a paintshop bill not having to re-mortgage your house you have done well :lol:

In time I will feel the same pain.

That front-on photo looks a treat!

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Post by dcwalker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:25 pm

All as logically thought through as I would have expected of you :lol:

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1995 Celebration 331 (plus 2004 C70 Collection & 1995 440 ES)
Previous: Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!