The story of #89/480 continues...

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

User avatar
89of480
Knows where Volvo is from
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:36 pm
Location: Trying to get the A/C to work
Contact:

Re: The story of #89/480 continues...

Post by 89of480 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Jaster wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 pm
My dash will be coming apart for some repairs in the near future, my odometer is working fine for now but I'm planning to replace the gear preemptively since I'll have access to it. Brinkie was able to point me in the direction of a replacement gear for the odometer, link here.
Thank you for the link!

I have had my speedo apart before, As I re-soldered the joints on the PCB on the back in an attempt to fix the broken speedo; however, this was as far as I got, do you know how difficult it is beyond this stage to change the wheel? If not I am sure Brinkie would very kindly be able to give us an insight, he is very good like that :D
‘95 Celebration Auto - №89 of 480 - Flame Red Metaillic
‘17 BMW M140i Shadow Edition - Black Sapphire Metallic

User avatar
Jaster
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: The story of #89/480 continues...

Post by Jaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

Sounds similar to my upcoming job - speedo and rev counter are increasingly intermittent and I'm hoping that the culprit will be dry joints somewhere on the board. I haven't done a cog change before, so was basically planning to bodge it. Here are a couple of threads I dug up with some useful information and pictures, however:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34885&p=207679&hil ... le#p207679
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34848&start=40
Current: '94 GT & '88 ES
Former: '89 ES

User avatar
brinkie
480 Veteran
Posts: 731
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The story of #89/480 continues...

Post by brinkie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am

I have constructed a PDF document in Dutch, will try and translate in English so you lot don't need to send your instrument clusters for a holiday abroad :lol:
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Vase Green, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum Mystic Silver
Past: 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena 2.2 Rouge Mephisto, 1995 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Paris Blue

User avatar
Jaster
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: The story of #89/480 continues...

Post by Jaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Fantastic - I was planning on doing a basic how-to for the forum after finishing mine, but more than happy to wait for a proper one from the man himself!
Current: '94 GT & '88 ES
Former: '89 ES

User avatar
89of480
Knows where Volvo is from
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:36 pm
Location: Trying to get the A/C to work
Contact:

Re: The story of #89/480 continues...

Post by 89of480 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:06 am

Jaster wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am
Sounds similar to my upcoming job - speedo and rev counter are increasingly intermittent and I'm hoping that the culprit will be dry joints somewhere on the board. I haven't done a cog change before, so was basically planning to bodge it. Here are a couple of threads I dug up with some useful information and pictures, however:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34885&p=207679&hil ... le#p207679
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34848&start=40
I wish I had read the part about pushing the reset button with the car running a couple of days ago, then I wouldn’t be in this predicament :lol: :bla:
brinkie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am
I have constructed a PDF document in Dutch, will try and translate in English so you lot don't need to send your instrument clusters for a holiday abroad :lol:
This sounds perfect to me, thank you very much!!!! I look forward to this being completed!!! :D
Jaster wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:09 pm
Fantastic - I was planning on doing a basic how-to for the forum after finishing mine, but more than happy to wait for a proper one from the man himself!
I too would like to create some how-to’s, but I’m not too sure what I could cover and put on here that hasn’t been done to be fair! :o
‘95 Celebration Auto - №89 of 480 - Flame Red Metaillic
‘17 BMW M140i Shadow Edition - Black Sapphire Metallic

Post Reply