Beryl

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

buttercup
480 Newbie

Beryl

Post by buttercup » Sun May 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Well now I have finally got the hang of using the forum I thought I would say a little about Beryl the Peril! She is my first car ever, I did not want a new car Horrible and they have no style. So I had no idea what I wanted. One day I was walking past the back of Iceland in Bury St Edmunds when I spotted a red car!! I did a double take and went back to examine it. It was a 480 and I thiought what a quirky little car and of course I loved the pop up headlights!!
So began my quest to find one. I had no idea what I should look out for, eventually after looking at several I found this one not too far away from here. Beryl is white and quite old now 21 years, black leather seats, auto which I didn't want but its fine now. She is in pretty good nick have had the wheel arches done as someone had filled them with silver foil, but one will need doing again. How do you stop the rust? She does get rather hot at times and makes strange noises when this happens!! being stuck in traffic on the Eastern AVe in London when it is a hot day is interesting!!! but she is a country gal, last time I visited London she went out partying and burnt herself out and had to be towed away BOO!! but she waited until I got home to the country and then wouldn't start!! but I have an old chap who is into Amazons etc who keeps her going, however he won't tackle her speedo which of course does not work. Most other things do at the moment. Beryl got new rear lights which made a real difference.
I really want to keep her and hope that she will keep going. Well that got that off my chest!!