A Turbo At 16... :D

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

volvo-tom
480 Newbie

A Turbo At 16... :D

Post by volvo-tom » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:58 pm

hi im tom im 16 and this is my volvo 480 1.7 turbo -
so far its not exactly got a massive spec list,unlike not what you mite expect from someone of my age im keeping it as standard as possible on the inside and outside but im guna put money into the engine, so far ive fitted a boost controller and cold air intake and a new clutch.
the cars mostly going to be used for drag racing and at current its been running 16's but thats with a slippy clutch. last year me and my dad took the car drag racing at shakespeare county raceway and its posting consistant times of low 16's, ive also fitted a boost guage (that goes higher than 14psi) and it says tht on full throttle its running about 20psi.
(by the way its not me in the pictures!)
my next mod is an exhaust thats custom,but uses the pre-existing mounts and hangers so no fruther modification is nessasary to the car itself, and stealthily it looks exactly like the old outlet pipe only its got a much a better sound and power! but i may produce more of these if people are interested?
ill will add more pictures and info as the car develops, thanks for loookin,
tom

volvo-tom
480 Newbie

Re: A Turbo At 16... :D

Post by volvo-tom » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:54 pm

just thought id update this thread with a few pictures i took lately,heres the boost guage which i managed to wire to a cigarette lighter 12v plug-in and the boost piping was run through a volvo 440 clock i bought which is identical to the 480's-
and the exhaust that i was talking about-
i also chose to add this tip to the end-
this video shows the noise this exhaust makes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63Zt43O7fY
thanks for lookin,
tom