480 es dragster pick up

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ozz
480 Newbie

480 es dragster pick up

Post by ozz » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi all

I got my 480 of ebay for £150 as it is a cat c wright off. all it needs is a new bumper on the front but the cost to get it all fixed and get the vic test done so it can go back on the road would cost alot more than buying a good taxed and moted 480

as I run Back in Black drag racing team we said we should race it for fun as its to good to brake or send to the scrap yard. this way it will spend the rest of its life being pampered and used for fun by the race team.

as its a 1.7 its not the fatest car out there and as volvo made it so well there is alot of waight

so we have stated to strip it down and all the good parts to be sold on here to help you guys keep your cars on the road ( see parts for sale part of the forum )

as the back end has alot of glass we said why not make it into a pick up truck to save even more waight. it will not snap as we made a roll cage for it.

all of our race cars well most of them are painted black. thats how we got our name Back in Black Racing. so when the 480 is all done it will get a nice coat of satin black.

I know alot of you will hate me for what I have done but I was not the guy that smashed the front end up and I am saving it from the scrap yard.

480's are very good and fun cars and this is being made for fun at santa pod

if you are going to santa pod keep a eye out for me and the team.

next time I am down the lock up I will get lots of picks for you
Back in Black Racing Drag team. 1992 480 1.7 pick up dragster. race number CC1756

gordon
480 Newbie

Re: 480 es dragster pick up

Post by gordon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 pm

so.........how's the 480 dragster coming along?
sounds like a nice project, some pictures would be good!
cheers