Rosie the HOMDV GT

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

chelle
Started learning about 480

Rosie the HOMDV GT

Post by chelle » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Hello people its been that long since i posted that i had to wait for lee (MY NEW HUSBAND) so he could show me where to put my first post in.
So let me fill you in, I weighed in something old and got something new, ive got nowt borrowed and my Lees car is blue. :rofl:
So to explain in short, Me and Lee made it down the isle we have been married now 7 months and he is still alive i havent killed him yet (give me time) :kill:
. We moved house from Birmingham to a little town just outside Sheffield, By doing so we had to dispand most of the HOMDV (home of the mentally disturbed veichles, mainly my old but wonderfull RUPY she went on forever and belive me she was disturbed.
So off she went on the back of a pick up truck and i shed a tear. :cryhard:
Then Lee noticed a GT on here and what i want lee gets for me and i take advantage while it lasts.
So i am the proud owner of Rosie named by hannah.
She is a 1994 model and is in need of quite a bit of TLC so to tell you what my darling husband has done so far as i have been at work lots.

And so our journey together begins:
vivaXhope
480 Newbie

Location: Rotherfield, East Sussex Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 pm Post subject: FOR BREAKING- 480GT

I have just got back from a rather upsetting trip from the garage. After an accident in the ice on sunday, I have bent the sub-frame of the chassis on my 480GT, and got told that the money it would cost would make it an insurance write off. So, everything on it is pretty much perfect, in good condition, and breaking it seems like the only logical option, unless someone wanted to spend the best part of 2k fixing it, which I sincerely doubt.
Let me know what you want and how much you can pay, and the bit is yours.
2 480s gone in 9 months, ridiculous.
'95 480 Celeb #470/480(Dearly Departed)
So Lee struck a deal (without telling me), and later once he was arranging collection he told me i had a new car, The only problem was we were in Birmingham visiting family and had to go back home to Sheffield to get the rig and then drive down to East Sussex which is some 4 Hours from Sheffield.
Lee never got back with the car till 12am he had a full day of traveling.

The following day we took the following photos:

So we off loaded it from the trailer and drove it into the HOMDV, Stripped it down to asses the damage to discover;
1 totally knackered wheel
1 bent subframe
1 bent hub
1 bent wishbone
2 knackered drop links
2 knackered track rod ends
1 knackered indicator
2 bold tyres
NO SPOILER (but i know a man?????) :lol:
2 smashed front fog lights(I wonder how that happened)
knackered rear engine mount
1 knackered rear engine mount bracket
And finally in need of a full service and vallet.

CHELLE
MRS480GT

SPOILERS AVAILABLE PM ME WITH YOUR REQUEST

chelle
Started learning about 480

Post by chelle » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:15 pm

So with the old sub frame off which was heavilly corroded we got out a spare subframe from supplies of HOMDV, we did not have any spare MK 2 subframes so we used a MK 1.
On getting the spare frame we noticed that it had surface rust, and would have been pointless to put it on in this conditiion, So Lee set up the blast cabinate and blasted the subframe with Aluminium Oxide (sand) and obviously himself too and our bathroom.:rofl:
So below we have picture of the pre blast:

Post blast picture:

We then painted this using Hammerite direct to rust spray. We used this to get to any places that the blast may have missed, once this had dried we painted it with stone chip black to provide long lasting protection.

Painted picture:

More to follow

CHELLE
MRS480GT

SPOILERS AVAILABLE PM ME WITH YOUR REQUEST