HOMDV Pool Car

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

lee
480 Is my middle name

HOMDV Pool Car

Post by lee » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:10 pm

The HOMDV pool car is exactly that. Its a car that i don't mind lending out and to be honest gets well used

Some brief History
This car was for sale on ebay so i contacted the seller as we done a little deal and i went over to check it out. On first appearences it was as described. But on starting the engine it just kept on cutting out after about 5 minutes. So I struck a new deal with the bloke and returned the following day with my trailer.
The car was described as a mot failer due to rotten subframe. no t&t

I got it back to the HOMDV on 10th April 2007 with the milage showing 108k. I set to work ripping subrames off and converting rear mounts to old style mounts. hanging the front brakes and tyres. The engine was covered and i mean covered in oil ( see pic of bonnet)Image this is where the oil had been spraying the sponge attached to the bonnet. On closer inspection and a quick look at the service and i came up trumps. Someone had fitted the rocket gasket incorrectly trapping the seal and spraying oil everywhere. New engine temperature sensor and airflow meter were fitted which solved running issues. Next up was to take it for a spin. I got about 100m before i forgot how crap 480 turbos in standard form are. Straight back to the house a fitted a remapped blue ecu. This livened things up a little to much for the clutch to handle. I could cope with this so it was booked in for an mot. On the 14th April 2007 i took the car down for an MOT and walked out with a pass. Next was down to get the tax.

August 2007 The clutch had finally got to me so i set to work again ripping the clutch off and replacing it with a nice new valeo part. new trust bearing also went in with a new pressure plate. Gearbox back in all bolted up and back on the road the same day. All the fluids were replaced with fresh new fluids at the time.
The end of August I borrowed the pool car to mate. He took here for a little drive down to Monaco around the south of france and back again in a week. She only let him down once with was because he flattened the battery. With a litle bump start all was good for the rest of the trip. When he returned he said it had started to use some water so he just kept it topped up. I continued doing the same until October2007.

October 2007 saw rising petrol prices to which i could take so it was time to lpg her. I bought and fitted an OMVL DREAM sequenial LPG kit with a dought tank. The tank itself is only 6 in`ches tall so the loss of boot spaces in minimal. It still isn't completely mapped up but i am getting 200miles for £15 of lpg. It was costing me £10 petrol to do 40 miles at the time!! During this period the filters were replaced along with the waterpump and belts.

November 2007 following a serious punture i treated it to a set of michlien tyres and a wash.

So Here are the spec

Colour: 314 vase green
Interior: Jacquared with digital clock and aircon
Ice: Standard volvo Tape player
Milage:115k

Futher plans are fit a few HOMDV products, some side URLs and to continue driving it, well unless someone buys it. Then i can start again :D

Now some pictures

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:55 pm

:angry: friday evening following a cold spell the battery decided to start to die. So now it looks like time for a new battery.

Looks like time for a bulk buy of batteries for the fleet
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:08 pm

I have now replaced the battery with a new one. 075T which is the extra load for the 480 with ac. All seemed ok but still not quite right. I quick adjustment of the belts and all seems good for now, anyway. Must keep an eye on that alternator :kill:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:09 pm

I have now replaced the battery with a new one. 075T which is the extra load for the 480 with ac. All seemed ok but still not quite right. I quick adjustment of the belts and all seems good for now, anyway. Must keep an eye on that alternator :kill:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:47 am

after a week of scraping ice off the window and copious amounts of salt on the roads the car was somewhat dirty. Due to not being able to read the plate anymore (which is illegal) I decided to treat her to a wash and some screen wash. on checking the other fluids I was impressed to see that she hadn't used any other fluids. current milage is 1170000
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:08 pm

the pool car has been hving a rest since christmas eve and today i went out and she started straight away and all is in order.

I qite miss driving the pool car to be honest as i am starting to get quiet attached to it. Even though i have been driving the t5 i have missed my old pool car. Well is back to normal business on Monday for the pool car so the mileage will start to clock up again.

Still would be tempted to swap or sell for the right deal.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:19 am

well today my nice cheap headunit turned up so the pool car will soon have a nice stereo going in.
Fitting Diamond audio components upfront powered by a caliber amp. This should help it along nice
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:32 pm

well today i finished work early got home the sun was out and the car looked shit with over 1000 miles of grim so i treated it to a wash and hoover :rofl:

Washed the interior and hoovered the exterior
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 am

Update on the Pool car

The LPG is working well but due to a slight increase in power over standard the vaporiser now needs upgrading so i can run full boost on lpg. I have the new vaporiser but it needs a rebuild this is to be done as and when as the car is still totally drivable.

I have rebuilt the head so new gaskets and belts went with it as well as oil and antifreeze change. Also on check some other components i discovered that the dump valve was dead so i have fitted a baileys dump valve on there for the mean time. Also the turbo was changed to another standard t2 as the previous turbo unknown to me had a snapped bolt on the joining plates.

She is has been doing 600 miles a week so the lpg has been very hardy in keeping cost low.

New stereo fitted, soon to be changed again.

Hausser rear spoiler fitted and snow scoop. The scoop was very good when the snow came as it did what is meant to do.

Here are a few pics

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 am

Current mileage is 134000 so still just being run in
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 pm

quick update. Rear loom in the back window started to play up so i have replace the back window with a debadged one of my old grey turbo.

After spinning out at the ring we now have caractor in the way of what we are calling ringsting. A ring plaster has been applied.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lee
480 Is my middle name

Re: HOMDV Pool Car

Post by lee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

i am now breaking this car be quick
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm