New turbo.....

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

sambo
Started learning about 480

New turbo.....

Post by sambo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm

G'day guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know how my project goes to getting a 480 going!

I picked up a stutterring 480 last week which had to be towed home. My friend towed me 80 miles back to my house in leics which on the way, my friend decided he couldnt be asked to go slow anymore. We got up to 88mph on the M6?!?!

Anyway its all safe and sound now, and will let everyone know how it goes to getting it MOTd and running pure with hopefully a chipped ECU with more boost!

sambo

Post by sambo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:35 pm

Ok....stutterring all gone now, with about 2 hours of looking around and doing poking. I changed the ECU...... no change, still running like dave prescotts 100m sprint time. Then changed the maf....and surprise surprise it ran like a beaut!!! I couldnt test drive it much as it has no MOT and I dont fancy tripling my insurance quite yet.....

Now its just the test Iv gotto get it thro and tis all good!

Some things which I may need to look into is the dump valve (lookign into getting a Bailey one but not too experienced in the art of blow offs!) Im not too sure in how bad the old valve is...... i.e whether the engine has good power.

And another thing which may or may not go ahead is painting the standard alloys a jet black. But depends upon what people on here think! Also Im thinking tinted windows?!?!

Pics will come soon ish!

sambo

Post by sambo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:07 pm

After a massively long wait........ Woooo! I now have an MOTd 480 turbo!! How exciting!! It cost me £220 .... in cash :wink: for a few items, brakes, suspension coil, thats sorts of things. And now its going!!

I was really chuffed until ........i set onto finding insurance.....hmm...... but instead of being refused insurance, Im just waiting til Im 21 (which is this saturday) and then its allll goooood! I really need to put some pics up of my beast..... will do sometime soonish (I hope!) and I'll try to make them kinda arty! :D

P.S If anyone knows of somewhere/someone I can get hold of roof bars/racks please please let me know! Muchos thankos!