Rescue Car: R5 - Black Manual SR Turbo

Here you can start a thread about your 480 days. Only the starter of the thread is allowed to fill his thread, and only one thread per person. Threads are simply a personal diary.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

dragonflyjewels
480 Is my middle name

Re: Rescue Car: R5 - Black Manual SR Turbo

Post by dragonflyjewels » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:25 am

I have two main cabin carpets from leather interiors, one badly stained in the back the other with a hole in the front (eaten away by rust). Unless we can source a good one, I'll be making one out of two with the join under the seats. Boot carpet may have to be left to the new owner to source.
Yes the side trims are for the doors and rear side panels.
The long section of the dash trim had a hole from the removal of the plaque so I sent it to the trimmers to have a replacement piece of leather fitted but it never arrived. Jeff has one in his stock so I will personally deliver it this time, along with the short section from the other end of the dash so they can match the leather. They have an enormous bag of black leather offcuts so it should look fine.
Sylvia

Snazzy - 1993 Paris Blue ES red dipstick 2.0i bought 2001
Lethal Lily - 1991 White Turbo
Paris the Unicorn - 1991 Paris Edition
hubby has
Sven - 1994 Racing Green GT
Evil Eva - 1992 Paris Blue Turbo

no previous 480s - can't bear to sell any

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Post by Alan 480 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:58 pm

jifflemon wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:45 pm
the door is on tapered hinges, so open the door, block of wood underneath and lift with a trolley jack. Lube up the pivots in advance of course!
Aye, i did apply lots of WD40, removed the grub screw and sprayed into that as well

I gave that method a trial, but didn't spend too long on it.

I'll give it another whirl in Easter break, as need to get the rear suspension top tubes and power steering pipes sorted, both 'mentioned' in MoT
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1

Aaron__
480 Newbie

Post by Aaron__ » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:21 pm

dragonflyjewels wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:25 am
I have two main cabin carpets from leather interiors, one badly stained in the back the other with a hole in the front (eaten away by rust). Unless we can source a good one, I'll be making one out of two with the join under the seats. Boot carpet may have to be left to the new owner to source.
Yes the side trims are for the doors and rear side panels.
The long section of the dash trim had a hole from the removal of the plaque so I sent it to the trimmers to have a replacement piece of leather fitted but it never arrived. Jeff has one in his stock so I will personally deliver it this time, along with the short section from the other end of the dash so they can match the leather. They have an enormous bag of black leather offcuts so it should look fine.
That sounds awesome, doubt boot carpet will be a big issue if i am the one lucky enough to own it, i have no doubt all the leather trims and sidepieces will look great :)